Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 01:55 AM

Bah. Being drunk is over rated any way!

I have way too much fun sober to want to ruin what I have with intoxicants.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
Bah. Being drunk is over rated any way!

I have way too much fun sober to want to ruin what I have with intoxicants.
Exactly the same way I feel really. I have fun sober. Why get drunk and forget all the fun that happened the next day?
=]
Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 AM

Smile Accents

Speaking of accents, yes, many Americans (including me) naturally find other accents from other countries / cultures very sexy, and England and Ireland are at the top of my list. I always said I'd move to Ireland just to pick up their accent. The US is so big that too many of us sound the same. We either sound normal/flat, country, New York, Chicago, or Minnesotan/Canadian ("don't ya know there fella"). Sorry if I offended anyone out there! I'm just playing around.

In the 90s, I was a HUGE fan of Absolutely Fabulous (Ab Fab!), despite not understanding Patsy all the time I also think the Hispanic accent is sexy where I live.

Have you ever heard a true Chicago accent? They terribly exaggerate it on TV/movies. We are like the New York accent, but less pronounced. I learned I had a Chicago accent when I traveled around the country after high school.

People I had met would instantly recognize where I was from... Chicago.

Then I'd say, "Whatcha ya talkin' about?!"
Old 12-22-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Speaking of accents, yes, many Americans (including me) naturally find other accents from other countries / cultures very sexy, and England and Ireland are at the top of my list. I always said I'd move to Ireland just to pick up their accent. The US is so big that too many of us sound the same. We either sound normal/flat, country, New York, Chicago, or Minnesotan/Canadian ("don't ya know there fella"). Sorry if I offended anyone out there! I'm just playing around.

In the 90s, I was a HUGE fan of Absolutely Fabulous (Ab Fab!), despite not understanding Patsy all the time I also think the Hispanic accent is sexy where I live.

Have you ever heard a true Chicago accent? They terribly exaggerate it on TV/movies. We are like the New York accent, but less pronounced. I learned I had a Chicago accent when I traveled around the country after high school.

People I had met would instantly recognize where I was from... Chicago.

Then I'd say, "Whatcha ya talkin' about?!"
Texas has quite a distinguishable accent too. But yes, in general, it is hard to pinpoint a location. Whereas over in England, there's a new accent in every town. It's a 15 minute drive into Wakefield and I can hear a difference between there accent and mine. Manchester is one of the next cities over and there a difference in accent there that anyone should be able to hear.

I have heard a true Chicago accent. I know quite a few people in Illinois as a whole actually. There and Arizona seem to be where most Americans I talk to are from.

I'd be instantly seen as "northern" if i went down south. But I other than the north/south divide, nobody seems to care exactly where you're from here. But I have quite a strong Leeds accent. Only I don't speak all the slang, so my words are slightly easier to understand. =P
=]
Old 12-22-2010, 08:26 PM

Default Eee, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Hah ... I may have totally slept with a guy who had a sexy accent purely for my bucket list.
Haha TruckerPete...I must admit to doing this too. My goodness...
Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 PM

The people in Barbados have a very sexy accent. It is part British and part Caribbean. Quite enjoyable to listen to.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie77 View Post
The people in Barbados have a very sexy accent. It is part British and part Caribbean. Quite enjoyable to listen to.
Their accent sounds like a weird mix of Jamaican and a Devon farmer. =P It's a really weird accent. Farmer accents seem to be strange in most countries.
=]
Old 12-22-2010, 10:34 PM

One accent I always found so different from what I have been use to is the Tennessee one. I've never been to TN but have sit on the plane by people from there.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormelovely View Post
Haha TruckerPete...I must admit to doing this too. My goodness...
You rock!
Old 12-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Another Anglophile here. I've read so many English novels. My first erotic stirrings were to the Beatles when they first hit the states. In 1963. When I was 8.

I was a huge Monty Python fan in college and nowadays have focused on Eddie Izzard (an honorary Python). I saw his Stripped act 3 times in 2008 and got to hug him and get his autograph. *swoon* He was so polite and charming.

Yeah, I think I need to put getting with an English guy or girl on my Fuckit list. lol Irish, Scots, Australian or NZers would also work.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32

Tags
blog, life, somegeezer