Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 07:12 PM

Redpepper,

I'm so sorry! I meant to comment on your above post, # 10, but accidently hit a wrong button and ended up erasing part of your post and "editing" it by mistake! I then realized my error, and did my best to repair it to its original condition. I hope this works for you as stands, otherwise, please let me know how to help.

I'm very sorry. I meant no harm. I only meant to quote from you and comment in my own post! Really!

River's Blog
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
ended up erasing part of your post and "editing" it by mistake!
Oh jeezuz you've done it now JRM Run, hide...

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-29-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRiverMartin View Post
Redpepper,

I'm so sorry! I meant to comment on your above post, # 10, but accidently hit a wrong button and ended up erasing part of your post and "editing" it by mistake! I then realized my error, and did my best to repair it to its original condition. I hope this works for you as stands, otherwise, please let me know how to help.

I'm very sorry. I meant no harm. I only meant to quote from you and comment in my own post! Really!
oh don't worry about it... I can't tell the difference.
thanks for letting me know though
Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 PM

I am new to the forum, so I don't really know if I should just jump right in, but here goes.

I too am in the same type of relationship, but our V are two women and one man. We have adult children. Six in total. I can't say it has been all sunshine and roses with our children, but they love us and are trying. I think the biggest concern for my partners' children was whether Mom and Dad are okay. Does my being there mean they love each other less? No. But things are different.

As for our families. Some know, some suspect and some have no clue. Mine have no clue. There are family members who have asked outright. They deserve the truth. We don't try to justify. We just state the truth as we know it to be for us.

As for the outside world. There is no doubt people suspect. We don't make a concious effort to hide it. If asked, we tell the truth. Which brings up alot of questions. Some that are asked because of genuine curiosity and interest, and some (mostly from men) because they want to know how we work out our sexlife. The questions asked because of genuine interest we answer. The others we don't.

We haven't found any hard and set rules for what is right and wrong. But we know to deny what we share takes away from all of us.

Are we ready to tell the whole world. Hell no. But we're figuring it out as we go along.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks Sweetie!
I appreciate hearing that I am not alone in all this. Six kids! Wow. I struggle with the one! My one is wanting me to add faces... so this is for him

thanks again. welcome to the forum
Old 09-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Hehe. Careful when the kid is over your shoulder RP. Mine is just a year younger than yours and started sounding out "S...E...X...isssss....ssseee..."
Before I closed the window and went to play lego blocks.

Soon we won't be able to verbally spell out our "dirty" thoughts in front of them either.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:19 AM

haha! too true.... mine has started saying "friggin" after everything he says, guess who he gets that from???!!!!

He thinks of sex like animals and insects mating, cause he saw it on a nature show and has an uncle who is a biologist. I had to separate mating and married though and tell him that people can get married because they love each other and not necessarily mate. Mating and love can come together and hand in hand... Not sure what he thought of that, but we have several married friends that won't be having kids, so he kinda had some examples.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:07 AM

RP, I must say the words you posted to start this thread are so true....as you know, we 3 (our V of 2 W/1M) have had our tough times, communication issues, jealousy, unresolved feelings, etc......it is amazing how my two loves can now sense when something is wrong, either with one of them or with me.....it is immediate and almost an ESP experience.....and they know when we need to address an issue, even before I can broach the subject with either of them. It is a bizarre connection I have never before experienced in any relationship.....it goes way beyond just finishing your spouses sentence for them at the dinner table.....

BTW, RP....I love your new pic! To me it's the coolest thing travelling with my two loves and booking a king size bed! We don't even have sex together all three in the same bed! It's just too cool being able to snuggle and share That pic brings back so many great memories, nice thoughtful touch on your part!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Thanks Mark! I like it too, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. For the same reasons.

I'm not finding the ESP thing as much as you. I am very intuitive and find it very helpful in foreseeing issues coming up or things unsaid. My men are not so much like that. I have noticed that it's okay when I'm with one of them or the other or both, but when they are off on their own they don't communicate as often as I think is necessary.

They have great time together and for that I am grateful and happy, but I am concerned at the lack of checking in and assumption making. Especially in light of our new situation of having no babysitters. Child care is an issue and we are entering a new phase of one of us having to stay home with the boy. This happened last night and I stayed home. I would of loved to have filled that three pillowed bed last night, but alas the communication was off and assumptions were made on all our parts. Not enough checking in and consideration still working it all out I guess.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:12 PM

We guys by nature are less communicative, I would agree. The biggest hurdle I've seen is just in our thinking that everything we do now affects an extra body, not just the two of us. It's much easier I think because we all do share a house together. No one is ever very far from our minds. My wife is super great at that, always considering how our 3rd is going to share in what we are doing. It seems to be a familiarity thing. I bet once your hubby and Mono have been best buds for a couple of years or when the three of you move in together, it'll happen with more regularity.

Speaking of my wife, she gets back tomorrow....can't wait to see her and hear about her trip to Alaska! It's been great having such a long time together with my OSO (12 days, for the very first time), but we both agree, something is missing in our lives when my wife is not home here with us.

Yes, I can see where the babysitter thing could be a potential problem. There are times when you three def need to be out doing adult things together. It's difficult when one of you must stay back and babysit. I am so thankful that burden is over for us. It's one less stressor on the relationship for all of us. You guys sound like such great parents, spending and teaching so much of the time to your child, maybe he wouldn't mind spending a couple of hours with a slightly older teenage babysitter every now and then???? That way you three could get that adult time out you need.