Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 PM

So as promised here's a bit of a synopsis of what 10 hours in a car with someone will bring you in the way of conversation.

We spoke a lot about the rights that secondaries have in structuring their relationships. My husband's girlfriend has a crush on someone and has gone on a date with this fellow. He happens to be someone who is involved with a lot of the women in the community to one degree or another. I was wondering if my husband had any concerns about it since previous discussions with his girlfriend had led him to believe that there wouldn't be anyone new coming on the scene any time soon. He was wondering if he had any say in it at all since he's her secondary partner. My advice was that he needs to talk to her about any concerns that he has about it and that being secondary doesn't mean that you don't get to have feelings and oppinions about what your partner does. She needs to know how he's feeling as well. It doesn't mean that she has to change her actions but she derserves to be able to make desisions with all the information available to her.

We also talked about what my husband considers dates. He feels that RP and I don't go on dates often enough. I've told him that I'm happy with the amount of time we see each other and just because he doesn't consider some of what we do dates doesn't make it any less meaningful to me. Although we do struggle to find alone time to spend with each other.

Then we had a big long talk about my best friend out here and having to see her with her new man who I don't care for much. Tonight is the night that we see them. I'm mentally prepared to leave if I have to. From what I know of him, he has very little respect for women and that's not going to fly with me. I'm at the point of being willing to let go of the friendship if it comes to that.

Time for a snooze before heading back to the stores for more shopping. It's cold here, glad for a warm bed to snuggle into!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:41 AM

missing you sweets, but really I'm a total nightmare right now, so it's just as well you are away. I actually thought I would see if you could met for coffee tomorrow. Opps
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 AM

Coffee might be a bit of a stretch, even half way is a 5 hour trip. I miss you too Love, I'll be home soon though xoxox
Old 12-26-2010, 07:12 AM

It's been a good Christmas. The weather here has improved greatly. We were out this afternoon making snowmen and having snowball fights. The kids were so excited to give the presents that they had made out. They seemed much more interested in giving presents than getting presents. (Although the toy puppy that walks and talks and the giant playmobile castle were greatly appreciated...thank you grandma and grandpa).

Tomorrow my sister and brother arrive and I get to spend a day with them before starting our trek back home. As always it will be sad to leave but nice to be back home again. I feel a little like I have a split life (and have since I moved to a new city). It gets harder and harder to come back and there are still pangs about leaving too.

Once we're home the planning is on for our annual new years party. We're going to have to work out a signature drink for this year. Last year we did jello shooters and I think the consensus was that the cherry ones tasted like cough syrup. :P

I miss RP. I haven't been able to talk to her much at all this week. I've been spending all my time visiting with family and old friends. Just a couple more days and all will be back to normal again.

Merry Christmas everyone.

-Derby
Old 12-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
It's been a good Christmas. The weather here has improved greatly. We were out this afternoon making snowmen and having snowball fights. The kids were so excited to give the presents that they had made out. They seemed much more interested in giving presents than getting presents. (Although the toy puppy that walks and talks and the giant playmobile castle were greatly appreciated...thank you grandma and grandpa).
Wow, Derby, that sounds like a picture-PERFECT Christmas! I'm glad for y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Once we're home the planning is on for our annual new years party. We're going to have to work out a signature drink for this year. Last year we did jello shooters and I think the consensus was that the cherry ones tasted like cough syrup. :P
If Dr. Pepper is available where y'all live, try it hot with lemon and rum. Easy, fun, and yummy! Just don't add TOO much rum, or you'll have more cough syrup! :-P Plus, you can have sugar-free on hand for the folks who are watching the sugar/calories.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Merry Christmas, Derby.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post

If Dr. Pepper is available where y'all live, try it hot with lemon and rum. Easy, fun, and yummy! Just don't add TOO much rum, or you'll have more cough syrup! :-P Plus, you can have sugar-free on hand for the folks who are watching the sugar/calories.
No one's supposed to be watching sugar and calories until the first! (Therefore no diet Dr. Pepper until after midnight).
Old 12-26-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm always watching my sugar intake, so it's always diet for me, when possible.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:31 PM

I got a martini book for Christmas and a shaker. How about something from there? Our friend mutual friend from the women's group fed me a choclate martini, YUM. So good! But dangerous for me as its vodka. Still, worth a try.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:22 PM

Going with the Dr Pepper theme- My drink of choice is Dr pepper with Vanila vodka. You choose how much Tastes like cake batter.

Tags
metamours