Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 03:34 AM

You've had more poly opportunity than me. =P I'm still new to the whole thing and single at the moment. Things just take time and work to find. =] Do tell me how it goes with N on the west coat though.
=]
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvartSvensk View Post
I'm going to leave the ball in her court; if she really likes me and wants to meet me, she'll show a little effort. If not, then it ain't worth troubling myself over.
Actually, I agree. I am always skeptical of meeting people online. There is always the chance that someone is excited about the anonymous aspect of it and can really get into chats, messages, or phone calls but then chickens out when it's time to meet face-to-face. I feel it is impractical to get your hopes up too much or start imagining a future before you see the real person live and in the flesh. So, yeah, if she contacts you again, I would think it prudent to express your doubts and gauge her response. Then see how you feel about making arrangements and act accordingly, without hanging too much hope on it.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
First some backstory. The first night we started chatting, we were supposed to meet for dinner and drinks, but she got stuck at work, and it kept geting later and later, eventually she said she had to bail because she had a very early flight the next day and it was just too late. The next time she was going to meet me, she said she got stuck at work. This time, we were initially supposed to get together around lunchtime, at about 1:30 said she was going to run and shower then text me. I didn't get a text from her until after 5 PM - she said she sent me a text hours before but I didn't get one. She blames her phone, and I'm dubious. Then she said she'd come by after she dropped her nephews off at 7:30 - I didn't hear from her until after 11, when she called to say she had a big fight with her sister and her sister's husband. She sounded genuinely upset, crying. We talked for a bit, but that was all. Regardless of what she's actually dealing with, I feel strung-along, which is such a bummer because I do genuinely like this person. I said before I wasn't getting my hopes up, well, now they're even lower. I'm going to leave the ball in her court; if she really likes me and wants to meet me, she'll show a little effort. If not, then it ain't worth troubling myself over.
Sorry my friend, but she is either fucking with you or she is completely unreliable, and really? Do you want that from a poly situation? It's just not going to add up to fun times... more like a nightmare. She doesn't seem to have what it takes to be in a poly dynamic. I wouldn't be wasting my time anymore if I were in your shoes. Go put your energy elsewhere I say.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:16 PM

Well, it's been nearly a week, and not a word from the gal. Obviously she must have been stringing me along for whatever reason - I'm a patient guy, so it's probably easy to do, but I'm not made of time.

Bummed it turned out this way, I need to work on not getting my hopes up.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Well, it's been nearly a week, and not a word from the gal. Obviously she must have been stringing me along for whatever reason - I'm a patient guy, so it's probably easy to do, but I'm not made of time.

Bummed it turned out this way, I need to work on not getting my hopes up.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Argh, sorry it didn't work out SS. Sometimes I hate people! You sure have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a Prince/ss.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32