Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 02:06 AM

Default Is thin the only sexy?

thought this might be interesting to some.

http://wholesexlife.com/2010/12/is-thin-the-only-sexy/
Old 12-15-2010, 02:26 AM

Cool, thanks!

I am a plus-sized woman. I'm on a quest to lose weight, but in learning to appreciate my body and love myself more before I get to goal, I started buying sexy lingerie. My soon-to-be-ex-husband took issue with my weight, so it's important to me to rebuild my confidence in my shape, whether I'm at my goal weight or not.

I buy my lingerie from Hips and Curves (hipsandcurves.com). They sell to big curvy women -- ONLY. Sizes start at 1X, generally. Their model pictures are so freaking hot, it doesn't matter how big the girls are. And it makes me feel sexy just ordering this gorgeous stuff. It's really good quality, too!

Here are some of my favorite plus models from Hips and Curves:
Search-
Boyshorts with garters

Bronwyn steel-boned silk corset

Black bridal veil

Look around the site, it's great!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by Rarechild; 12-15-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Commercial link editing
Old 12-15-2010, 02:47 AM

To me, I think a middle ground is to be had. I want people to be healthy and fit. People who are too thin or too fat just project that they don't care about themselves, so why would they care about a relationship with me?
=]
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somegeezer View Post
People who are too thin or too fat just project that they don't care about themselves, so why would they care about a relationship with me?
Oooh, I hate that notion! Makes me so mad when people think that. It's such a selfish viewpoint. Who is anyone else to say I don't care enough about myself because I gain weight? Or that I can't care about anyone else enough? Come on, that's horse shit. Many big curvy women have great self-esteem and love their ample bodies -- and are healthy! Besides, lots of people eat when stressed, you know, or are on medication that causes weight gain (or loss) -- being large doesn't automatically mean they don't care. Or you could see someone who appears heavy and you think, "Ecch, look at her. She doesn't care enough about herself to look presentable or be a healthy weight," and yet what you are unaware of is that she's already put in a lot of effort and lost 75 lbs or something! And has tons of esteem. You'll never find out if you don't let yourself get to know that person.

"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 12-15-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:16 AM

Being big and being obese are different things though. I've had women who are large who I found very sexy, but there's a fine line between them.
=]
Old 12-15-2010, 05:31 AM

Medically, I am considered obese. But I still strut my stuff and plenty of men find me attractive. Go figure.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 AM

Is thin the only sexy?

No, and thanks for asking!

For me, at least, healthy is sexy. Strong is sexy. So is confident, and intelligent. And nycyndie's signature is right: Honesty IS sexy. So are personal integrity and loyalty.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post
Is thin the only sexy?

No, and thanks for asking!

For me, at least, healthy is sexy. Strong is sexy. So is confident, and intelligent. And nycyndie's signature is right: Honesty IS sexy. So are personal integrity and loyalty.
I like that. I also love nycindie's sig. I actually quoted it on my facebook when I first read it. Health, confidence, intelligence and honesty. Perfect for me.
=]
Old 12-15-2010, 10:31 AM

We watched Just Wright last night. Queen Latifah's in it.

There was a general consensus that we 1. find Queen Latifah HAWT! 2. would rather be with someone with a little meat on her bones than someone who's all bones & angles like Callista Flockhart (not sure how to spell her first name).

No, thin is NOT the new sexy for US.

There is a thin line between thin & skinny though. Skinny, to me, looks unhealthy thin looks healthy.

Time for work so no time to expound .
Old 12-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Ok, I have had sex with skinny women....OBESE women, and women who have a decent figure with a little extra weight on them.

I am fairly athletic and skinny myself. (6'4" tall and only 165 lbs) Two skinny people, doesn't work IMO. LOL It litteraly hurt my pelvis to have sex with a skinny woman.

Having sex with an obese woman, doesn't allow her to position herself in enough pleasurable positions IMO. Now, this doesn't mean she won't enjoy the sex....just that I like to change positions a lot. LOL

Having sex with women with meat on their bones, is PERFECT. I like my women to weigh more than me. They need to be in the 175-250 range, and be at least 5'2" to 6' tall. This way, they have a figure (not a shape...round is a shape ya know...a FIGURE) AND, they can move around and change positions mid way if we decide to do so. Also, more positional options are available to us.

My wife is a well built woman....so is our girlfriend. I find them BOTH sexy as hell. Do I like to LOOK at thinner women? Yes, I do. But I wouldn't choose to sleep with them. I've done it, and it doesn't work for me.

Tags
dating, image, sexiness, stereotypes