Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ123 View Post
I was always poly, emotionally. But I stayed in mono relationships because it was expected. I was a serial monogamist, going from relationship to relationship because no one ever wanted to leave it open. And I often cheated when the feelings for someone else emerged. And then broke off the relationship(s). In my 20s I finally met someone who allowed me to date another man openly but even he couldn't take it after a year of indecision. I felt dirty to be honest. Until my husband (then friend with benefits-because I was never allowed an in between of a serious relationship and a friend) gave me the "poly" title. I fought it for years, stayed mono with him, but the bisexual in me won out and I dated a woman.
I could've written that same post. That has been my life.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussielover View Post
I didn't learn about it until AFTER I was already in a poly relationship. We had just, fallen in love, and knew we all HAD to be together. We didn't know there were others like us out there. Not until one day I was feeling a bit remenicant and looking through old gf's letters and decided to contact one.

Her and I got to talking and she told me she was married (to a man) I KNEW her, so i asked about a gf, and she went on to tell me about her triad. My jaw nearly hit the floor, I couldn't believe it.

That's the first time I heard the word polyamory. We were so excited that there were others like us out there, in sucessful poly relationships. So yeah, we didn't even know this world existed We were thrilled to find it to say the least!
Yep.

We were poly before we knew we were. :P

That conversation is what brought us here even..that and the almighty google.
Brought me here...
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am
The luckiest..
~ Ben Folds five ~
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM

Default How did you know?

I've recently started dating a guy that has open me up sexually, and after some thinking I think I may be interested in a polyamorous life style. How did discover this was the way for you? Are there things I shou;d think about that will make me more or less sure of what I may want?

Thanks everyone for your help!!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:16 PM

I've got zero to offer for advice but thought I would say hi I had to check out your profile with a handle like Imnotawhore

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM

Lol, it's an LMFAO song, but I think it fits nicly with the nature of the life style. Just because you like/love/ or become intimate with more then one person at one time doesn't mean you are "whorey".

And hello back =)
Old 09-22-2009, 04:30 PM

I don't have much advice either... as I didn't "discover" I was poly. It has always felt as natural to me as breathing.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM

I've always found in difficult to love just one person. I'm not sure if this means I am ultimatly poly. I figured the best way to find myself or what I am all about or looking for is to read everyone elses stories, and ask for plenty advice. I want just want everyone else does from life, to be happy. I just have to figure out what it is that makes me happy I guess. I'm open to explore what I may enjoy, and finding out what I truly desire.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:39 PM

By the way Mono, I have your avitar (well similar) down my left side. I love the tree of life =)
Old 09-22-2009, 04:45 PM

Cool! My left forearm is completely wrapped in two trees that represent me and Redpepper.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-22-2009, 04:46 PM

Thats so sweet =) I am trying to upload a picture, resizing and what not.

Tags
boundaries, cheating, coming out poly, commitment, defintion, description, descriptions, discovery, dissatisfaction, first time, happiness, history, introduction to poly, learning, mono poly, mono/poly, new to polyamory, opening a relationship, poly, relationship issues, scale