Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed View Post
The woman that I'm in a relationship with is more likely to sensor the sexual info. I feel frustrated by that. I prefer to know details and tackle my feelings head on.

Any other members feel the same way?
I limit my desired knowledge to simply knowing they are intimate. Whatever happens or how they do it is up to them..I don't need to know. My concern with you really wanting to know this information is that you are seeing it as a competition or a way to judge how you measure up. If that is the case you should really try to let go of that my friend. Just enjoy what you have and what you do and not worry about anything else

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-07-2010, 02:28 AM

Mono, you are right to an extent. Part of the reason that I want to know is to estimate how I measure up. I don't want to compete though.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxed View Post
Mono, you are right to an extent. Part of the reason that I want to know is to estimate how I measure up. I don't want to compete though.
You really should let that go of my friend. You don't "measure up" to each other; you are individuals who bring independent experiences to the people you love both emotionally and sexually.

If your partner doesn't desire you anymore then you should ask questions. Otherwise just be you and let her enjoy that...and you should too

Poly Events All Over
Old 12-07-2010, 04:42 AM

I second Mon on that one,

I love Maca and GG. They couldn't be more different in their sexual styles or the way their bodies are designed.

One is tall, the other is not.
One is muscular, the other is not.
One is kinky, the other is not.
One is feminine, the other is not.
One is bald, the other is not.
One is dark haired, the other is not.
One is hairy, the other is not.
One is social, the other is not.....

The differences are endless.

Maca periodically thinks that knowing what things are like with GG and I will give him "one up". But there isn't a comparison. It's like comparing apples to peas. They aren't comparable, one is a vegetable, one is a fruit.

I don't mind sharing details myself-but at the same time, they don't actually allow for reasonable comparison because the details of what I love them each for-aren't comparable.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Thank you for sharing Mono. somedays I find I am feeling far more monogomous than poly. I kind of cross over and its a blurry line for me. Your story really resonated with me. Thank you!!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:21 PM

I had thought I'd want to know intimate details although the 'flow' of that information never really got off the ground. One thing that helped was, my intimate relationship with my SO has improved, but not because of her OSO. I think as long as our intimacy redevelops into something similar to how it used to be, I will likely be less curious and ask less questions.

*shrug*
Old 12-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl View Post
I had thought I'd want to know intimate details although the 'flow' of that information never really got off the ground. One thing that helped was, my intimate relationship with my SO has improved, but not because of her OSO. I think as long as our intimacy redevelops into something similar to how it used to be, I will likely be less curious and ask less questions.

*shrug*
There is a thread about this (I think) started by Tonberry? It depends on the people involved but personally I wouldn't pursue this Carl if your SO is reticent. In my own case we decided right away that out of respect for all parties we never discuss with the other person what we get up to separately in bed. It has worked out very well.
For all I know they could be dressing up as elephants and jumping off stepladders. Or they might be playing scrabble as foreplay. I really don't mind or need to know.
I am so glad that your intimacy has improved. That has got to be a good sign. You are you and she is making that effort.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 PM

Hello MonoVcphp, thank you very much for your threat, it makes me understand my situation better.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagination View Post
Hello MonoVcphp, thank you very much for your threat, it makes me understand my situation better.
I'm glad my friend Take care and you can get a hold of me anytime.

Poly Events All Over

Tags
mono, mono/poly