Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 02:12 PM

Default Hello everyone

Hi there,

I've recently come across this forum and it has struck me as a place with a lot of nice and respectful people. I've never been an avid forum user but this is a nice place to learn and share so I thought I'd join.

I'm a male (probably-)mono of 31. About a year ago I married a wonderful lady of 23. We have no kids (yet) but we do have some plans. I'm an open minded person who hadn't heard of polyamory until about three months ago, when my wife and an old friend of hers felt mutual attraction and the need for (or possibility of) something more than friendship. Since then we've been trying to make it work for the three of us. I'm very glad that he and I get along very well: we've become good friends in the process. It helps that he and his wife are experienced polyamorists: he understands my emotions and thoughts and there is very much respect for the feelings of everyone.

Because things have moved forward very fast I feel I'm a little behind in assimilating all the recent events in our lives. It doesn't help that I don't really have someone outside the tangle to talk to. People in our social circle are either very much involved (my partners boyfriend and his wife) or not very openminded or supportive about this (parents).

However, the things I have read on this forum have already helped me a great deal. Thank you for that. I'm glad I'm here.

Bye,

Robin
Old 11-29-2010, 01:02 AM

Welcome, Robin. This is a great forum to find information and people that can relate to you. Additionally, you now have 'us' to talk to...outside of the tangle.