Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 12:45 AM

Actually the highlighting thing not that weird - my other half does that as well. My weird thing is that I can only get creativity going with a pen and paper, somehow the computer just doesn't work well!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 PM

i like to throw things away, but then my little one, will go and rescue some of her stuff b4 goes to salvation army.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:32 PM

i like going to the supermarket, I'll pretend its for something i need but the abundence and variety makes me feel lucky and safe
Old 11-01-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
My weird thing is that I can only get creativity going with a pen and paper, somehow the computer just doesn't work well!
I absolutely 'get' this, I think that using pen and paper perhaps feels like a more organic, honest extension of oneself. I was privileged to be accepted into a post-graduate writing course many years ago. Given the facts that all writings had to be submitted in type-print format and that deadlines were tight, I had to force myself to use the direct keyboard method. Many of my submissions got negative criticism and demands to rewrite and improve. I then started copying and re-working my keyboarded writings in physical pen-and-paper, and my works' flaws in rhythm, language and perspective became immediately apparent to me. No redrafts were ever requested after that.

I know I have very many quirks. I am often reminded of this, but more often I instantly forget.
The one quirk I remember right now (only because it was mentioned today) is my hand-'thingy'. I constantly use lotions and balms on my hands. I have an extensive variety of hand creams lining my desk and my bedside table. It seems that whenever I feel a bit pressured I moisturise my hands, but within minutes I feel frustrated by the 'coating' on my hands and wash it off, only to re-apply some lotion-potion to my hands because even the gentlest hand soap makes my hands feel dry and taut.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Strange thing to do

I dump out all my crayons and organize them by color. I always feel better knowing that some part of my world makes sense.

Self honesty, communication, respect trifecta of a good start.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Actually the highlighting thing not that weird - my other half does that as well. My weird thing is that I can only get creativity going with a pen and paper, somehow the computer just doesn't work well!
That's not odd, I can't be creative on a computer either. I feel that my music is a lot better recorded directly, than faffing about writing it all out. I lose the feel for it in all that time it takes.

I'm not sure what weird stuff I like to do. I'm a pretty weird guy to most people I know, but it would be normal to people who do the same or similar.
=]
Old 11-27-2010, 04:31 PM

When I am feeling REALLY stressed out and/or depressed I wait until bedtime then go into my room, close the door and put on a CD of Kyle Councillor traditional flute music. (native North American wooden flute) I turn the volume just so it can be comfortably heard then drift off to sleep. I think it was a year before I ever heard the end of the CD.
IThink.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithink View Post
When I am feeling REALLY stressed out and/or depressed I wait until bedtime then go into my room, close the door and put on a CD of Kyle Councillor traditional flute music. (native North American wooden flute) I turn the volume just so it can be comfortably heard then drift off to sleep. I think it was a year before I ever heard the end of the CD.
IThink.
Not when I'm feeling down or anything, but I do the same thing when I sleep. Put some music on. I can sleep through even the heaviest of Metal, but I do love some soft piano music or some Ambient, Drone, Doom or other such style. Something slow and soothing. I often fall to sleep around the beginning of an album too. I do often listen to them through a normal day too though. I enjoy to have my headphones on and escape the world around me. =]
=]
Old 11-29-2010, 09:11 PM

When I get stressed out there are only two things I want to do; clean, or play guitar. Wen I get stressed I get a lot of nervous energy which in turn feeds the feeling of stress. Cleaning the house burns off that energy and leaves me with a feeling of accomplishment. Win - win! :P Playing guitar doesn't burn off energy, but it calms me and helps me find my center again. I will usually play slow music with lots or minor chords, or open tune and just play with the different sounds. I guess these are not exactly weird, but it is just what I do
Old 11-30-2010, 02:01 AM

I spend time in the cemetary. Not because I know someone there but because walking into and through a cemetary is like stepping through a vail. The energy within the confines of a cemetary is noticeably different. I treat cemetaries like parks. I sit out on the grass and eat a sandwich, write, sing, and watch the world around me.