Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 12:58 PM

Default Deep breath of fresh air

Hello All,
While I am a newbie to this forum I am not a newbie to Poly or forums in general. I must admit to being somewhat staggered after bumping into this forum. To find so many people who’s minds are on the same page or at least similar books is, for me, comparable to standing at the edge of a mountain cliff and taking a huge breath of fresh mountain air and being able to see clearly all the way to the horizon. My wife and I live in Alberta, Canada and there are not many Poly people here so finding like minds to share with is rare. To complicate matters a bit more we do not live in “Poly friendly” country and we live on a farm. After 20 some years of mono marriage we started to discuss our “beliefs” and over time came to try swinging. We are completely happy with each other and have zero security or jealousy issues’ so swinging was fun for a time but left both of us wanting a bit more. Long story a wee tad longer she met a great guy and it developed into a very warm and comfortable triad that lasted for almost 5 years. Our unique situation allowed our friend to live in the same yard as us but in his own house which allowed some privacy and the ability to stay under the radar to the general public. We have always been totally honest with each other and maintained that level of honesty with our friend. Eventually he met a very nice lady who would not budge from monogamy and lived far from us in eastern Canada and they moved there thus ending our triad. While we are open to another Poly relationship we do not hold out much hope of ever finding another person of either gender to add fulfillment to our lives but hope springs eternal as they say. I will add more about who I am and my beliefs in the Personal Summaries section for any who care to read more about me. Feels a bit narcissistic.....lol.
Thanks all for reading and feel free to comment or ask questions as a forum is for sharing imho.
IThink.

Last edited by Ithink; 11-27-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: severe Typonese
Old 11-27-2010, 03:32 PM

Default wow...

I completely understand how you feel about the breath of fresh air thing and finding all these people who feel the same way. I never thought......who knew? Just wow.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:00 PM

I'd be interested in your perspective.