Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Site Usage > User Guidelines & Forum Features

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Custodian

Default Reporting Problem Posts to the Moderators

Just a quick heads-up to all the recently registered members and a quick reminder for the old-timers:

If you see spam, or a post that needs the moderators' attention for ANY reason, please click the "Report" button. This is a little red and white triangle in the upper right-hand corner of each post.

Do not respond to spam, and please do not report problem posts via the PM system or on the mods' public profiles.

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM

I got an email indicating there was a response to my "greetings" introductory thread and it was full of spam and links.

I went to the thread in question, and there was no new message. The email was listed as being from webmaster@polyamory.com.

Are you sending me spam or is someone hacking your site?

The user name was Helfaftersvet

Last edited by Olderwoman; 01-04-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Custodian

If a spammer posts in a thread it will generate email notifications according to the settings in one's control panel, just like any other post.

The reason it is no longer there is because a moderator (such as myself) took care of it.

Don't take the spam personally.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 PM

Wow you are really fast at taking care of the spam!!

I didn't take it personally, I just wanted to let you know in case there was a problem. Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Thanks, whoever fixed it! I don't think she even noticed it!!

Please do not take the spam personally. Don't respond to it, and don't quote it.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM

Just wanted to thank all the Mods for taking care of the excessive spam that has been appearing lately. I am impressed at how fast it disappears and the amount of work you guys must be doing to take care of it. Let's hope it goes away soon.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Just wanted to thank all the Mods for taking care of the excessive spam that has been appearing lately. I am impressed at how fast it disappears

That's not even counting the ones i delete before they even make a post! It's easy to recognize them because their usernames are usually un-pronounceable and their profiles are filled with nonsense.

The reason I am able to provide this kind of service, remember, is because I am home on short-term disability. When I go back to work, you might have to wait a little longer.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Just a quick heads-up to all the recently registered members and a quick reminder for the old-timers:

If you see spam, or a post that needs the moderators' attention for ANY reason, please click the "Report" button. This is a little red and white triangle in the upper right-hand corner of each post.

Do not respond to spam, and please do not report problem posts via the PM system or on the mods' public profiles.

Thank you.
Replied here just to bump this thread nearer to the top, so that other newcomers get to find this advice more easily...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Just wanted to thank all the Mods for taking care of the excessive spam that has been appearing lately. I am impressed at how fast it disappears and the amount of work you guys must be doing to take care of it. Let's hope it goes away soon.
...and to say these thanks are just as deserved now, regrettably the spam has not gone away yet...

There are two Rivers here now: which one is this?

see
quaker poly experiences and poly: a quaker perspective

I hope other British Quakers who are poly (or wonder if they are) will contact me here, thanks, Friends.

Last edited by trueRiver; 09-04-2011 at 01:37 PM.