Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Default In love with someone who's Mono

I've posted about this before. To recap, I've been friends with R for 5 years and have loved her pretty much from the start. She knows all about me and the girls and knows that it's just not for her. So long as I have her in my life in some fashion I'm ok with that. Before I was seeking advice, now I'm just...writing.

I see her picture and the butterflies instantly start up. I hear her voice and I smile from ear to ear. I think of her and my heart swells. Do I wish she were part of my family? Absolutely, but that's not for her...yet. I can dream can't I??? I hope to always be in her world because whether she knows it or not, she helps fill my heart.

Think I'm done for now.

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny40179 View Post
I've posted about this before. To recap, I've been friends with R for 5 years and have loved her pretty much from the start. She knows all about me and the girls and knows that it's just not for her. So long as I have her in my life in some fashion I'm ok with that. Before I was seeking advice, now I'm just...writing.

I see her picture and the butterflies instantly start up. I hear her voice and I smile from ear to ear. I think of her and my heart swells. Do I wish she were part of my family? Absolutely, but that's not for her...yet. I can dream can't I??? I hope to always be in her world because whether she knows it or not, she helps fill my heart.

Think I'm done for now.
+1 I have those same feelings myself. I'm happy that you are happy. =]
=]
Old 11-19-2010, 08:16 PM

Thanks SG. I wasn't always happy with it, but realized that I'd rather have her in my life as a friend than not at all.

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2010, 08:17 PM

Thanks for the update Danny Glad you are finding peace with it and enjoying the gifts you both share.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Thanks for the update Danny Glad you are finding peace with it and enjoying the gifts you both share.
Thanks Mono. I've definitely gotten more out of our friendship now that I've learned how to deal with my feelings. I love her and she knows it. This isn't for her and I know it. It is what it is, but we have a friendship that is far too valuable to me to ruin anything.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:55 PM

That makes me feel all gooey. I am glad you are feeling better about this. Danny, Enjoy and thanks for the update. (((hugz)))
Old 11-20-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomugirl1656 View Post
That makes me feel all gooey. I am glad you are feeling better about this. Danny, Enjoy and thanks for the update. (((hugz)))
Thanks!! I still have my days when selfish Danny comes out and says, BUT DAMNIT I CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY!!! But he goes away quickly when he remembers that that approach almost got him booted out of the picture completely. If she ever decides to open up her options I'll be here, and if not...well I'll still be here.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 PM

Showing her how happy you and your family are will one day open her eyes. Love was ment to be shared not mulipulated by one. Showing her that you are glad she is in your life one way or another will also open her eyes to what real love is.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydayz View Post
Showing her how happy you and your family are will one day open her eyes. Love was ment to be shared not mulipulated by one. Showing her that you are glad she is in your life one way or another will also open her eyes to what real love is.
I hold on to the hope that one day she'll see that this life can be very fulfilling. However, until then she knows that I'll always be here for her.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:11 PM

It's the lil things. Just got off the phone with R. Had a nice 25min phone conversation about absolutely nothing and I can't stop grinning like a fool. The sound of her voice truly is like music to my ears. She calls and her smiling face pops into my head and it's GREAT!

Then I sit and pretend we're just chatting until she gets home from work and all 4 of us sit down for dinner. *le sigh* LOL

Thank goodness for this place!!!