Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2010, 03:03 AM

Default Intimate vs. Friendship

Something I've had in my head for months now is, how do I tell the difference between someone I want to be intimate with and someone I should just stay friends with. My main example is being torn between 2 mono girls whom I love dearly, but really couldn't "choose" one over the other. My common sense says just stay friends, because I wouldn't want to hurt the other by doing something like that. I would love to be with them both and even talked to them both about it, but they are straight and only want 1 person to be with. They even said they would not feel comfortable with me being with someone else whilst I was with them. That bit is fine, as I have been in mono relationships always, but recently, really wanted to just do what has felt natural for as long as I can remember and just love. I think it would be hard for me to just be friends with people I care for so much, but I suppose you get used to it when you live a poly lifestyle. I'm just guessing here. I'm new to this and only just starting out with it all. Any and all advice is appreciated greatly. =]
=]

Tags
advice, ciaran, help sought, lovers, somegeezer