Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM

@Trucker- I hope the flying went well. Yea, I've always been pretty candid about my partners and lifestyle. I mean, I don't walk around with a wraparound billboard on but it only takes one to ask and I speak freely. I guess it's a bit easier for me, though, because I'm not legally married to anyone so I can throw as many names out there as I want to without people really questioning it. When people come to my cube, they ask who is in the pictures and I tell them... my girlfriend or female partner... my male partner, mate, or Dude (yes, it's a term of endearment:P), and a potential or two. lol...

@vodka- 'wifey' is not a derogatory term. Then again, I guess it's all about perception and the exposure one has had to the term. Though, I don't use it, I know many women who call their women 'wifey' and some men who use it who have more than one woman because, in our definition, it means favorite but not only.

@Imaginary- lol...at the 'wife and girlfriend in the same sentence'. Gotta love it!
Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklctc View Post
@vodka- 'wifey' is not a derogatory term. Then again, I guess it's all about perception and the exposure one has had to the term. Though, I don't use it, I know many women who call their women 'wifey' and some men who use it who have more than one woman because, in our definition, it means favorite but not only.
Thanks I PM Vodka about that...
Old 11-09-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post

My hands are shaking. I am relieved to be myself.

Congratulations!

The whole world expanded a little that day!

Tags
coming out, workplace