Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Default Pregnancy - how to help my primary

Hey all, thanks in advance for reading this post and for offering any advice that you might have.

My primary and I have been together for 9 years now. We just got married earlier this year, but we've been commonlaw/effectively married for about 3 years now. We're a couple in our late 20s and my wife and I recently decided that we're at about the right stage of life for us to have a child. (decent jobs, house, car, as debt free as we're going to get with those, etc.)

About 2 months ago, my wife became pregnant. For reasons of caution (read: having everyone go yay, and then something goes wrong), we haven't told anyone. I haven't even told my secondary girlfriend.

My wife however has hit me with one hell of a conundrum. She is worried that, in her words, "When she's big and fat, I can just run off and sleep with (her)". I love my wife to death. My secondary and I have a long history of friendship and sexual tension. After a long time of trying to get together in this secondary fashion, we have. I also care about her deeply.

I don't want to lose either.. but recognize that I may not have another option. I try to make sure that my wife feels loved, cared for, beautiful and fantastic every day. .. I don't feel like it's making the difference. Help?

Last edited by RBMaelstrom; 11-01-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Typos.