Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 06:25 AM

Hi guys!
No, I`m not literally a retard - at least I pretend not to be.ha ha
You guys seem so compassionate and thoughtful - thatīs so great
I appreciate yor advice SO much and I try to do this in a very thoughtful and loving way, so that I wonīt hurt my boyfriends feelings.
Do you find it worth it though - jeopardising (didnīt spell that right) a relationship in order to follow your own needs? Thatīs probably the moral question for me.
Take care!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsen View Post
Do you find it worth it though - jeopardising (didnīt spell that right) a relationship in order to follow your own needs? Thatīs probably the moral question for me.
Take care!
Interesting way to phrase it. I think you will find some of us never thought we were jeopardizing anything to go down this path. It was a lot of work, but we do tend to try and have a REALLY strong foundation before doing this.

And ideally, as selfish as this may appear, it can work out being better for everyone involved. But you need to have an end goal that works and a progression that suits both of you. Jumping into this without concern for your partner(s) is when it becomes exceptionally difficult and painful.

Ari
Old 10-31-2010, 04:59 PM

Default Hi Ari and guys!

We have spend all day talking about it and he was SO understanding and wanted to persue this path with me. Itīs so surreal and I`m so thankful and happy. We have, to begin with, a very strong relationship and this just cements it that more. We have set up some rules that we both can agree on and then..welll, we are in an open relationship!!
I love this man to death and we are both certain that weīll end up in a nursing home together someday when we are tired and old (but happy).
I want to thank all of you for your support on this and wish you all the best with your future lives. May it be filled with love and gratitude
Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
@redpepper, I think livsen meant it as an expression, although I guess there is no harm in asking.
Ah, got it. In my world that isn't an expression, its hurtful and a derogatory term.

Glad that you are getting on with a new path! very exciting. Good luck with it.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:40 AM

Redpepper: I`m sorry if Iīve offended you with the choice of my words. English isnīt my first language so I really didnīt mean it in a demeaning way. I have a great passion myself for people with disabilities and have been working with mentally ill people for years. And love it!!
I`m looking SO much forward to this "new" life. I`m sure itīll be tough at times and new emotions will appear, but "coming clean" to my boyfriend has been such a relief and right now we canīt keep our hands off of eachother
Do you by any chance know if thereīs a network for people in open relationships like this forum? I canīt seem to find it anywhere.
Take care
Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsen View Post
Redpepper: I`m sorry if Iīve offended you with the choice of my words. English isnīt my first language so I really didnīt mean it in a demeaning way. I have a great passion myself for people with disabilities and have been working with mentally ill people for years. And love it!!
I`m looking SO much forward to this "new" life. I`m sure itīll be tough at times and new emotions will appear, but "coming clean" to my boyfriend has been such a relief and right now we canīt keep our hands off of eachother
Do you by any chance know if thereīs a network for people in open relationships like this forum? I canīt seem to find it anywhere.
Take care
no offense to me really.

I don't know of any forum. Maybe dating sights like on Plenty of fish or OK cupid or Friendfinder? Dunno really. you could try I guess.