Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 12:14 AM

Default My coming out story.

I wanted to add this thread, because it tells my coming out story. I thought I had it on here, but I see I don't... at least I can't find it. Things have changed remarkably since last year at this time... !

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...ight=redpepper
Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 PM

I'll say they have! WOW, what a difference a year can make.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Default moving day

PN and LB (Little Buddy, or my boy) arrived at Mono's at 2 to Mono and I going crazy packing and getting things in one spot for the move. Both the PN and LB got together and began taking things to the car. Mono and I concentrated on the big things... in no time we were off and wouldn't you know it the rain stopped every time the truck was filled with stuff to drive to our house. By 5 we were done and I made Mono something to eat while he unpacked the last stuff. By 6 PN and I were out to a potluck dinner that he had cooked for in the morning and Mono was unpacking. By the time we got home and said good-bye to my Dad he was almost done and we could see how he had laid out his new apartment... complete with my room and a room to do crafts, art and lye on the massage bed (Ceragem bed). It was lovely and such a serene place. Everything painted shades of brown and green and cream... dark blue bedspread and chair and in my room blue and white bed cover to match. Ahhhhh heaven. My home away from home at the bottom of an out side stair.

Last night after i came home from burlesque practice I watched a documentary with PN and ate popcorn, then I went down and had a massage and chatted with Mono, we snuggled in my bed and watched another documentary... both of us fell asleep there and it was heaven. A lovely night with both my men and I was not far from either of them. I could hear LB if he got up and could hear what was going on in my family life, rather than feeling so separate across the city.

now to see how the time will work out. So far so good on day two.... so much more to happen and I would think some discussion about balance to come also... LB is so happy with this arrangement. He is so gleeful that his best grown up friend lives with him...
Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post

LB is so happy with this arrangement. He is so gleeful that his best grown up friend lives with him...

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-26-2010, 09:48 PM

Just had to say congrats.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I wanted to add this thread, because it tells my coming out story. I thought I had it on here, but I see I don't... at least I can't find it. Things have changed remarkably since last year at this time... !

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...ight=redpepper
Happy dance!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:58 PM

oh sigh, I am sick today and don't have a lot of energy to catch up even though my mind is a whirl of new things coming into my head about the living arrangement we have created...

I am finding that my time with each guy is shifting and possibly with others too.. I am spending, right now, early evenings with PN and later evenings with Mono. half the night upstairs and the other half downstairs. then I often go up to sleep with PN. I prefer that because I want him to feel safe in our relationship and not become threatened by Mono's presence and also because the outside stairs suck in the cold and rain in the morning when I am half asleep. Twice now I have had to go back down because I forgot to bring something up... not only that PN brings me coffee in bed and a cuddly cat and boy come and visit first thing

I get alone time, but in a different way now. When PN went to bed I was alone, chatting to Mono via text and being on-line. I stayed up until 1 most nights in order to get some time to myself... now that time is taken up hanging out with him downstairs and I find it hard to find time to do my own thing... even late at night! sigh... how to work that out. I love just sitting beside him sewing my burlesque outfit for the show next week, or being on-line, but he talks incessantly to himself and I think he is talking to me ( so cute). Heh, hope you don't mind my sharing that Mono... the upshot is that I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF THINK! I want to be near him though... what to do?

the other thing I have noticed is that Mono doesn't spend as much time with us as a group. he used to stay for supper, used to come over after work... now he comes home and is here, but not upstairs.

We have some balance to work out on all of it... early days, I know, but all to be worked out none-the-less.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 PM

Pick one day a week, you head to your room and hibernate, let the guys spend the evening upstairs with the boy.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Pick one day a week, you head to your room and hibernate, let the guys spend the evening upstairs with the boy.
This, 1000%!

You could also make a 'family' date night where all of you, LB included, fix dinner & eat together!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:00 AM

Sorry to hear you're sick. Hope you're better ASAP.

As for getting time for yourself, it sounds to me like you mainly need to decide what you really want and just . . . well, ask for it.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee