Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
MUCH better than if you can't do that!
My husband, boyfriend and I hang out together with the kids, our families etc.
Is it wrong that I have envy for this? Really I'm just being impatient. I know I will meet my bf's wife sooner than later (they are both poly and have been for years, but we live a bit of a distance away and we both have youngish kids). But I have sort of a fantasy of us all hanging out. There's my idealism for you! And I'm excited to meet DW's secondary. She sounds fantastic!!!

In short, I think it's great (I don't care for the judgment of normal, but it does seem normal in a healthy way)!

Good luck!
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewith2 View Post
Is it wrong that I have envy for this? Really I'm just being impatient. I know I will meet my bf's wife sooner than later (they are both poly and have been for years, but we live a bit of a distance away and we both have youngish kids). But I have sort of a fantasy of us all hanging out. There's my idealism for you! And I'm excited to meet DW's secondary. She sounds fantastic!!!

In short, I think it's great (I don't care for the judgment of normal, but it does seem normal in a healthy way)!

Good luck!
I don't think it's "idealism" -- I call it - PREFERENCE!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeb1958 View Post
I don't think it's "idealism" -- I call it - PREFERENCE!

Thanks Janeb, this is most definitely true. If you pay close enough attention, I find that you have lots of opportunity to learn about yourself on this poly journey.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:16 PM

My true journey started April 3rd - I'm far from being the same person now that I was then, thank goodness! I'm learning more & more each day!!! I finally comprehend & accept & practice compersion!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:07 AM

Default Update: I've met them both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewith2 View Post

Good luck!
We have a major update due soon and we're going to need input (all good), but for now I'll just say that I've now met DW's gf (has he changed his siggy line yet?) several times and still think she's absolutely lovely and now I've spent the weekend with my bf and his wife. I consider myself incredibly fortunate!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 AM

I think it's great and perfectly normal to hang out with the wife!! Cricket and I are just building that relationhship after a rocky begining, but it's what I've always wanted. I want my husbands partner and I to get along and be friends, so that he has a more fulfilled life.

It was really hard on all of us when Cricket and I weren't getting along.

It doesn't work out for everyone, and if the personalities don't mesh, I don't think it's the end all. But it will take a lot more work.

Right now our biggest issue is how much time is All of us time and how much is their time and how much is our time. Since we're all getting along so great, it's hard to forget that they need alone time as much as he and I do.

Good luck with it all!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliS View Post
ok... I am so full of questions since I am new..

Am I right in assuming here that being the girlfriend of the married man, it is totally normal to hangout with the boyfriend AND his wife?? What I mean is... Its normal to go to their place and hang out and totally normal if I stayed the night??

lay it on me....
I agree with everyone else . It's most definitely normal and OK.

I live with Breathes. I date Possibility who lives with his two partners & two kids. We all get together and just hang out, do the one on one thing, take breaks from each other, etc. In fact we had a non-Thanksgiving dinner together & it was so fun we want to do it again!

Enjoy and have fun!