Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
Care to share your workout regime? I could stand to get into better shape...I've been slacking recently and my pants are tight
Ok, it all starts with a 1 mile run. The goal is to complete it within 6 minutes. Move imeditaly on to doing 40 push ups within 2 minutes. Then, move on to 40 sit ups within 2 minutes. Then 8 pull ups. No time frame set, but you may NOT let go of the bar or rest until all 8 are completed. Then, 8 laps in an olympic sized pool. Then 20 burpees. If you need to know what a burpee is, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

Then 40 lunges.

Then 100 sprawls. Here is what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxqN6pTVgQ

Repeat 3 times per day.

Thats just week 1-3. Then I change it up, and it becomes more interactive.

If you are still able to walk after this work out, please let me know, and I'll give the rest of it to you.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 AM

We're getting really off-topic, but if anyone has an asthma-friendly workout (by which I mean something that would start low impact, so I don't get asthma attacks, and works me up to the point where I can do such things as running), please feel free to share.
I've been walking a lot and doing some WiiFit, but it's rather boring and I'd love to get a broader range of exercise so I could have more variation. The other day I went down the stairs, accross the first floor, up the stairs, across the third floor, down again and so on for thirty minutes, it was a nice workout but definitely repetitive, I can't see myself doing that every day
Old 10-19-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
We're getting really off-topic, but if anyone has an asthma-friendly workout (by which I mean something that would start low impact, so I don't get asthma attacks, and works me up to the point where I can do such things as running), please feel free to share.
I've been walking a lot and doing some WiiFit, but it's rather boring and I'd love to get a broader range of exercise so I could have more variation. The other day I went down the stairs, accross the first floor, up the stairs, across the third floor, down again and so on for thirty minutes, it was a nice workout but definitely repetitive, I can't see myself doing that every day
Get into martial arts. It will start off slow and work up over the course of years.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Ok, it all starts with a 1 mile run. The goal is to complete it within 6 minutes. Move imeditaly on to doing 40 push ups within 2 minutes. Then, move on to 40 sit ups within 2 minutes. Then 8 pull ups. No time frame set, but you may NOT let go of the bar or rest until all 8 are completed. Then, 8 laps in an olympic sized pool. Then 20 burpees. If you need to know what a burpee is, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M

Then 40 lunges.

Then 100 sprawls. Here is what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxqN6pTVgQ

Repeat 3 times per day.

Thats just week 1-3. Then I change it up, and it becomes more interactive.

If you are still able to walk after this work out, please let me know, and I'll give the rest of it to you.
I might be able to work up to this. I can't do pull ups and I doubt I can run a mile in 6 minutes, otherwise it doesn't sound too bad. (except for the 3 times a day...how the heck do you find the time?)
Old 10-19-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Get into martial arts. It will start off slow and work up over the course of years.
That's a great idea! I used to be into Judo in high school, and I really enjoyed it. I'll look into martial arts in general and see which I like most. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
I might be able to work up to this. I can't do pull ups and I doubt I can run a mile in 6 minutes, otherwise it doesn't sound too bad. (except for the 3 times a day...how the heck do you find the time?)
Adjust the bar so you are essentially lying down. Instead of havin it over your head. Activates more of you lat's and is easier as you are lifting less of your dead weight...there is a good chin up bar that screws into the door frame which can be moved as you get stronger

That kind, for the record. You will find it very usable and very stable. I use one and I am a bigun...(cheap too...)

Last edited by Ariakas; 10-19-2010 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:16 AM

If I put the bar in the doorway so that I can use it practically lying down how do I get in and out of the room?

I'm going to do some push ups, sit ups, burpees and lunges...I've been insipred!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
If I put the bar in the doorway so that I can use it practically lying down how do I get in and out of the room?

I'm going to do some push ups, sit ups, burpees and lunges...I've been insipred!
You remove it ...it "unscrews" when not in use.

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/inde...ductId=3723522

Not that I am pushing it on ya, but its a good option that stays out of the way

Last edited by Ariakas; 10-19-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Really? I hadn't noticed. Maybe cause my pants are tight too?
yes they are....Meeeeowwww! Tight is good

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
yes they are....Meeeeowwww! Tight is good

Tags
unicorn, unicorns