Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM

I don't think it's that no one cares. It's that NK is a lot more vocal and doesn't pull her punches when she speaks. She tells it as she sees it without sugarcoating it or trying not to step on people's toes.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I don't think it's that no one cares. It's that NK is a lot more vocal and doesn't pull her punches when she speaks. She tells it as she sees it without sugarcoating it or trying not to step on people's toes.
Ha! I know that but you forgot to mention that she's hilarious.

Major point of this silly thread- Mods make decisions together, so any shit you want to throw at NK or any of the others you might as well throw at me or Olivier, even though you don't see us post often.

When I first joined, I posted a lot, and really needed to at the time. It's kind of too bad that once I got the mod title I noticed people from that point forward rarely took any of my posts at face value even when I wasn't moderating.

I've often thought that we should have some kind of safe word that makes it clear we are just posting because we're people and there is no connotation of authority over anything.

Anyway,- Today I am going to see one of the dearest people in the world to me and I'm so excited!!! I haven't seen him in 2 years!

Here I go!
-R
Old 10-17-2010, 03:50 PM

I got drafted to help with moderation on a troll board...

Wow... what an experience. Definitely raised my respect for the behind the scenes work of a board.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Custodian

CG, what do you mean by "a troll board"? Does that just mean the board has lots of trolls? What is the general topic of this "troll board"? I'm just curious because I own a forum on which people are not required to register in order to post. It's very active and gets more than its share of trolls.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarechild View Post

When I first joined, I posted a lot, and really needed to at the time. It's kind of too bad that once I got the mod title I noticed people from that point forward rarely took any of my posts at face value even when I wasn't moderating.

I've often thought that we should have some kind of safe word that makes it clear we are just posting because we're people and there is no connotation of authority over anything.

Anyway,- Today I am going to see one of the dearest people in the world to me and I'm so excited!!! I haven't seen him in 2 years!

Here I go!
-R
I mod on another board and I just tell them I'm putting my mod hat on. After I'm done with the mod post I take it off & I'm back to my regularly posting self.

Hope you have fun with your dear person .
Old 10-18-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I mod on another board and I just tell them I'm putting my mod hat on. After I'm done with the mod post I take it off & I'm back to my regularly posting self.
Mod hats are a good idea. I need a RP hat and a mod hat,,, people get confused when to me it is quite obvious (in my head )

Tags
bitch, complain, moderator, rarechild, say something funny, vent