Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 PM

It certainly was a whirlwind 40 minutes huh?
So often that's the story of my life-drives me nuts!

I hope that things settle down for you this weekend in terms of the friendship drama!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:22 AM

I smell of woodsmoke and honey, fireworks, clean sheets, the salt tang of tears, the soft powder of little girl and the deep musk of a man's cologne. It's a profile of today that makes me very happy.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:43 AM

Hey there!
I smell of perfume and cold.
Having just finished a 3 1/2 mile walk.

What a fiasco evening huh?
Thanks for being here to hang with Maca-I understand the little sour pea created quite the emotional stir!
That girl just can't avoid being in an accident let me tell you what!

I hope you enjoyed the campfire!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post

What a fiasco evening huh?
Thanks for being here to hang with Maca-I understand the little sour pea created quite the emotional stir!
That girl just can't avoid being in an accident let me tell you what!

I hope you enjoyed the campfire!

I don't know if Maca really benefited much from my company. I was sleepy from the pain meds, and we didn't talk much at all. Or at least that I remember... hehe. I'm just very glad I turned down that white russian or I would have been spending the night on the floor somewhere.

The campfire was warm and very nice. The boys took very good care of me while I was down there. It was fun to watch them show off and listen to their stories. I heard some verrrrah interesting things about you grownups. Also, my smore was perfect.

The drama has subsided with my friend. In fact, everything seems to have subsided. After a veritable whirlwind of sweetness and honor, Zen has let me know that he can't continue pursuing me romantically. I understand, he's one of those guys who's mono to the core and really needs a wife and family to give his life meaning. I think he came into my life for a reason, and so it's with fondness and gratefulness than I let him go out of it. He's left me a better person than when he found me, and I'm simply thankful for the experience.

I'm really happy right now.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerUnicorn View Post
I don't know if Maca really benefited much from my company. I was sleepy from the pain meds, and we didn't talk much at all. Or at least that I remember... hehe. I'm just very glad I turned down that white russian or I would have been spending the night on the floor somewhere.

The campfire was warm and very nice. The boys took very good care of me while I was down there. It was fun to watch them show off and listen to their stories. I heard some verrrrah interesting things about you grownups. Also, my smore was perfect.

The drama has subsided with my friend. In fact, everything seems to have subsided. After a veritable whirlwind of sweetness and honor, Zen has let me know that he can't continue pursuing me romantically. I understand, he's one of those guys who's mono to the core and really needs a wife and family to give his life meaning. I think he came into my life for a reason, and so it's with fondness and gratefulness than I let him go out of it. He's left me a better person than when he found me, and I'm simply thankful for the experience.

I'm really happy right now.
Haha, we have extra bedspaces and a couch m'dear!
You certainly wouldn't be the first to "crash" here. Hell Midnighsun used to crash here 3-4 nights at a time WITH her kids while her hubby was at work on the slope!

The boys can all certainly tell some entertaining stories. I'll warn you in advance, the only one you can take at face value is Sweet Pea (the 10 year old who is teeny tiny like Sour Pea). He's honest to a fault. The other two... they each have some personal issues from abuse in their life.

I'm glad that the drama is dying down for you. It's always tiring when drama is keeping you busy.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 AM

The perils of a small community... MPG asked me out for breakfast on Sunday, and I had a lovely time with him. As we were leaving, he identified another guy I had been chatting with as being involved in some drama I had heard about but didn't want to touch. I could tell MPG was reluctant to say anything, and told me that he had no right or desire to control who I could or couldn't see... but that he wanted me to be careful because of said circumstances.

At the time I thought his concern was touching, and I've since come to be really grateful for his insight. Funny enough, I've since heard about the crazy drama from two other completely independent sources that had no clue I knew the people involved.

All I can say is that I feel like I dodged a bullet there.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 AM

I hear you there.
That's one of the reasons I'm not looking for anyone, because until things are SOLIDLY stable in my personal life-for a couple of YEARS, I don't want to drag other lovers into the mix-on any front.

I figure by this point you are aware of the fact that Maca is staying elsewhere for now.
We're not fighting-at least I don't think we are.

He's trying to find himself. I'm trying to just sit still.

I hope all is well with you.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:01 AM

I went to dinner with Maca tonight.

I really feel for all of you.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:45 AM

Things are going well for me, overall. I found out my job contract has been extended from December through to March or so, and also that the company is hiring for a position I'm qualified for here in my hometown (no commute!). I'm going to make a play for the position, I think. I'm already half-trained for the job, so hopefully that counts for something.

On the relationship front, I'm not seeing anyone, and not particularly interested in anyone at the moment either. Mr. Unicorn and I are doing extremely well, despite a week of less sleep than usual. I'm very in love with my husband, and I hold the personal opinion that we're some of the happiest people we know.

For now, things are good!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 AM

Anyone reading this blog from the very beginning must be shaking their head at the who's who roster. I swear I'm not operating under a "flavor-of-the-week" model! It's more like the "gotta kiss a lot of frogs" model... Except there's less kissing and more awkward dialogue.

I'm at the tail end of being sick for a week and a half, and my last blog post may have been a little misleading in terms of my being interested in people. The honest truth is that there is a local man and a foreign woman whom I'll call Passport, both of whom I've been talking on the phone and texting with for some number of weeks now.

In Passport's case, I desperately wish she was local. I've been sort of on the fence as to whether or not I should talk about her or not, seeing as there really isn't much I can do about a relationship from here. Yet I'm one of the few people who thinks LDRs can and do work, and as I've said elsewhere, I'd like to honor the connection I have made with this lovely woman. It's not likely to die anytime soon, and I suspect she'll be a semi-regular part of my life for quite some time to come. I very much enjoy talking to her, and to be quite honest my connection with her has killed stone dead my urge to find a local girlfriend. The sort of support and flirty texts that I get to share with her are quite satisfying for me. I wish I could have more time with her, but the dynamic seems to be working very well and I am enjoying getting to know her very much. Overall I'm very happy with making this connection with Passport, even if I don't really have a name for what it is.

The local man works out of town, so he's been gone until very recently. I have had a hell of a lot of fun talking with him over the last three weeks, but I've been remaining very cautious until I actually met him. We have plans to meet this coming Monday evening, but we engineered a small "break the ice" meetup at the post office today, and I'm glad we did! Now that I've met him I am finally sort of allowing myself to get a little excited, and I'm really looking forward to Monday now. At the very least I've gotten myself a very fun friend!

Tags
unicorn, unicorn hunting