Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Things seem to be going better since Tonberry and I talked over things both here and in person. They're still not perfect, I have a lot of work to do on my depression and self-esteem issues, but since making the decision that I can't put gettting therapy off anymore I'm feeling like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

It also helps that I've added one more person to the circle of those in the know. I recently got back in touch with one of my closest friends of a few years ago, who is both like a little sister to me and one of my closest confidants. While she was a bit worried at first when she heard about Sean, it didn't take her long to see that it's all part of me loving Tonberry for who she is, and she's happy that we're both mature enough in our feelings to have the relationship that's right for us.
When I talked about getting therapy she told me about the good it's done for her lately, and that's encouraging to hear.

I'm confident that things will get better for Tonberry and I, although I know we'll have our hiccups and setbacks.