Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 PM

I love pet names. If I really love someone they have one. The funny thing is my BF is very yuppie. He his name must be said in it's proper form and it makes me crazy.....LOL I want to change it up a bit.

All my dogs have names to. My very favorite name is for my big dog, who died it is Mushee. She was very sweet and loving and very mushee.

My child's name is Pooh Bear or Peanut.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:10 AM

I have pet names for my kids. They are screamy 1 and screamy 2; Wheefus and Dingle; Boy Child and Girl Child. There are probably others too.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
I've been wondering a few things about pet names. Those of you who have more than one partner, do you use the same pet names, different ones, a mix of both?
If you use different ones, have you ever used the wrong one accidentally?
GG is "M'ebe".
Maca is his given name with an "O" at the end or "honey" or "My M" depending on the circumstances.
I have used the same one-and that erupted in a NIGHTMARE of hurt feelings.
I have used the wrong one accidentally and that also erupted in a nightmare of hurt feelings.

GG calls me "Bebe".
Maca calls me "Angel lover"
There was a time early on that they both called me "Angel". THAT erupted in a nightmare of possessiveness and hurt feelings as well.

The current "pet names" work.
All different-all special.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM

Default about using the wrong pet name..

Invariably when I use the wrong name/pet name.. it is because the person I'm talking to... is acting like/reminding me of the other person..and I'm exasperated by them acting that way...

For a long time it was when a current boyfriend was acting like, (being pigheaded) my ex-husband.

I don't have that problem right now... the relationships are so new that we're avoiding controversial issues.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:06 PM

I just had another thought: what about expressions like "my other half"? Does it become "one of my other thirds/quarters/fifth/etc"? :P
Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 AM

I don't have specific pet names for either of my loves, who ironically, have the same first name. There are however, certain things I do or say with one and not the other, that makes each relationship unique.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:36 AM

That's a good question. I remember when I was still getting used to my bf having a girlfriend, I asked if they had pet names. He calls her "monkey" and she calls him "papa". Despite the slight stab of jealousy I felt at the time, I had to admit that that was adorable.

I've started calling my new bf "baby" but my first/primary bf has always been "baby love" (he makes me want to sing that Supreme's song all the time ) When I fell in love with my new bf (a process that's still going on) I had strong urges to call him "baby" but thought it might be disrespectful since my first bf and I use that name all the time. I asked my first bf if he called his gf "baby" and he said yes, so that got cleared up pretty fast.

needless to say, If bf1 called me "monkey" I'm sure there would be problems, just like if I called bf2 "baby love" ahhhh....the intricacies of romance!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM

I call my husband Big Sexy - because he is 6'4" and a hulk of a handsome man, and I call my boyfriend Sweet Sexy - because he is sooooo damn sexy . . . and sweet!

My boyfriend (who was also my High School sweetheart) has always called me Beautimus.

Hubby called me Little One when we first got married just to tease me about how small I was in comparison to him, but has called me Beautisimo for most of our marriage. The first few times he called me that I felt uncomfortable since it was so close to what my bf's nickname for me was, but I eventually got over it. They are different names that both mean my men think I am beautiful and that makes me oh so happy!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 PM

How tall are you, gr8xpectations?
I'm 5'6" and both my husband and my boyfriend are 6'6".
I think it's funny that it looks like I have a "type" when I met both of them online and didn't know what they looked like!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 PM

That's awesome! I never thought, in my imagings of people on here, of how tall they must be!

I'm 5'1" my men are not that tall either and neither is derby. We have a pan rack hanging from our kitchen ceiling and none of us bump our heads on the pans. Our whole house is built for shorties. When some comes over who is large and tall, I really notice how small everything is in our house. I notice when people bang their head on the pan rack.

Last edited by redpepper; 10-14-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Tags
affection, terms of endearment