Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 AM

I'm bilingual between quality time and acts of service...

23% Words of Affirmation
27% Quality Time
20% Receiving Gifts
27% Acts of Service
3% Physical Touch
Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 AM

40% physical touch
27% quality time
17% words of affirmation
13% acts of service
3% receiving gifts

I am very tactile and do not expect anything from my SO in the way of gifts...interesting!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:21 AM

23% Words of Affirmation 7
23% Quality Time 7
0% Receiving Gifts
30% Acts of Service 9
23% Physical Touch 7

I guess it does change over time, last I took it Acts of service and words of affirmation were reversed. But after Karma and I talked about the things he does to help me being his way of showing he loves me, not just something he does because he has to, I have started to take notice of all the little things and it's changed my view a bit. Very interesting.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 PM

Wink

I am very physical touch, so is nll who I cuddle with a lot more than anything else.

I also value quality time - sometimes just companionably each doing our thing in the same room, reading, rocking out, web surfing...

My husband nll is very acts of service, except when he is overextended - then he tends to yell b/c he goes into crisis that he wants to be of service but can't.

He is also very cuddly oriented.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Post Love Test

My Scores

Physical Touch 12
Words of Affirmation 7

Receiving Gifts 4
Acts of Service 4
Quality Time 3
Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 PM

11 Quality Time
7 Words of Affirmation
7 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch
0 Receiving Gifts

Which is good because one of my spice speaks Quality time and the other speaks Acts of service, and Words of Affirmation. I'm covered.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 AM

Just wanted to say thanks MG for starting this thread and thanks Ariakis for the link to the test. I did the test and have fired it around to friends and family. It's the subtleties that are important I think.

Poly relationships require more attention to detail and this gives us another tool in which to do this. I have bent over backwards to be "of service" to Z, because it is high on my love language list but is actually quite low in his. To some extent we give as we want to receive.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:38 AM

Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...
Smile

This test is very helpful and can tell one so much about oneself in such a short time Thanks for the link to it. My scores are:

33% Physical Touch 10
27% Quality Time 8
20% Words of Affirmation 6
13% Acts of Service 4
7% Receiving Gifts 2

I was very surprised to find Acts of Service down so low on my love languages - with a few physically limiting medical conditions, I need a lot of help with daily chores and whatnot. Very surprised to find it so low on the list.

*And having physical touch so high on the list makes my LDR even more amazing, and even more amazing that both the men I love are in another country :P guess I must be a glutton for punishment :P

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust

Last edited by FlameKat; 11-06-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Adding information
Old 11-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameKat View Post
This test is very helpful and can tell one so much about oneself in such a short time Thanks for the link to it. My scores are:

33% Physical Touch 10
27% Quality Time 8
20% Words of Affirmation 6
13% Acts of Service 4
7% Receiving Gifts 2

I was very surprised to find Acts of Service down so low on my love languages - with a few physically limiting medical conditions, I need a lot of help with daily chores and whatnot. Very surprised to find it so low on the list.

*And having physical touch so high on the list makes my LDR even more amazing, and even more amazing that both the men I love are in another country :P guess I must be a glutton for punishment :P
Well having PT high on the list may indicate that when you are most content and feeling loved is when you are physically intimate. LDRs may require more of the other aspects to equal PT and QT. Acts of Service may not rank because while you may require assistance once in a while you do not expect it. Just a thought. And I agree it is an interesting little quiz! Wish 2Rings would take it!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Poly relationships require more attention to detail and this gives us another tool in which to do this. I have bent over backwards to be "of service" to Z, because it is high on my love language list but is actually quite low in his. To some extent we give as we want to receive.
Not to sound off topic but it is kind of related. Funny you should mention the give and receive idea Sage. With Christmas approaching we were talking about the really puzzling gifts we have received over the years- from really good friends or close family, you know, the people that should know you best. Anyway, as you know while receiving gifts is low on my Love Language, I always appreciate gifts that are well thought out. Not more expensive or extravagant, on the contrary. The best gift I have received in the last couple of years was a garage sale find...I love old typewriters, it was a late 1920s Underwood. I never appreciate girly gifts...perfume or flowers or fluffy things and it always amazes me when people with whom I have relationships buy those things for me. I take great care in listening to my loved ones and choosing special things or surprises that they would NEVER buy for themselves. Things that he/she have always wanted. I love cookbooks...not everyone loves to cook, why would I buy something I like for someone who may not find that same thing interesting?
Anyway, back on point, instead of thinking of ourselves when showing love...how much better would our relationships be if we really started every thought or action with that other person's love language in mind? Not a great revelation here, but one so many of us overlook.

Tags
love languages