Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
hooray!!!!!!!
You instigated a great deal of it, so take your hooray somewhere else. Love you!!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 AM

For being sick I was baking like crazy today. Karma is sick too so we split diner duty, he's making burgers and I made sweet potato chips. I baked them though, so they aren't very crisp.

Then I made an apple for g/f and an apple pie for us, and then made Karma's favorite cookies, but accidentaly dumped all the butter in the dirty sink, so I made them into brownies instead.

G/f is having a ton of drama at home, and is sick on top of it, plus school and the drama with us, I decided she needed something yummy to come home to. I'm sending it with Karma when he goes to get her from school at 11.

Think it's gonna be an early night for all of us.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
G/f is having a ton of drama at home, and is sick on top of it, plus school and the drama with us, I decided she needed something yummy to come home to. I'm sending it with Karma when he goes to get her from school at 11.
Thanks Mohegan! Pie made getting up this morning worthwhile. If homework and ma famille allow, I'll post an introduction after class tonight.
(This is G/F, btw)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Thanks Mohegan! Pie made getting up this morning worthwhile. If homework and ma famille allow, I'll post an introduction after class tonight.
(This is G/F, btw)
I am so glad you're on here, and for the preview of your post. I am not deluding myself into believing that this will all be sunshine and sparkles feom now on, but I think it's an awesome line of communication that we need, with the added bonus of insight and help from others who are on the outside looking in, and for some, who have years of experience in making it all work.

Glad you liked the pie and brownies

Now I am off to find something for Karma and I to eat that doesn't require any effort to make. Bah! I hate being sick.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 AM

There's an odd weight that's lifted now, that I didn't even know was there. It's nice to FINALY understand where Cricket is coming from and to get the motivation behind the actions. Since our talk the other night we've been writing books back and forth on Facebook, and I think it is doing us some good.

The contempt I held for her is gone.

Still don't agree with some things, but that's natural. Still don't completely understand some things, but again, natural.

I think A LOT of it stems from how alike we really are.

Being this way works great with others who aren't like me.

But when met with someone with very similar personality traits, it ended up putting us on opposite ends of the Earth because neither of us knew what the hell to do.

It takes me a long time to trust. I am a bit ( or a lot) stand offish. I wait for others to make the first move, so I can analyze them and figure out why they did what they did and what type of person that makes them and if they are worth my time.

We were both waiting on the other to do something, to give the other, something, to play off of.

We've been talking about how neither of us really gave the other anything to go on. My opinion? Because we don't know how to be the one to start, or are too afraid to be the one to start. So we both kept waiting for the other to share something, or say something to start a true conversation.

By the time we did, I was giving advice,that she didn't really want, but it was all I knew how to do, given that I had nothing else to relate with her on. So she took my words as judgemental and condesending. When all I really wanted to do was help.

I love the phrase "Oh the tangled webs we weave" and it couldn't be more true than now.

Only now we are trying to untangle 5 months worth of pain, misunderstanding, assumptions, and confusion.

We've woven quite the web, and were in risk of tangling ourselves beyond saving, but as usualy happens, things worked out right when they were supposed to.

Last edited by Mohegan; 09-29-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 AM

My head is kind of spinning at the moment.

J/A (crickets on again off again other b/f) Needs to keep my name out of his mouth. I am so sick of him thinking he can use me, to play her. I haven't spoken to him since MAY!!! How the HELL does he know what I want or feel? He DOESN'T!!! But he's doing a damn good job of causing issues, just by being alive.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:45 AM

Okay I'm calmer.

The issue stemmed from reading an IM between Cricket and Karma. Cricket was discussing an issue with J/A and apparently he is still oh so upset about the breech of my trust committed by Cricket and Karma, among other things.

At first I was pissed b/c I took it to mean a current breech. Meaning all this talk of honesty, and all this work on trust, was bull shit. My world was kind of rocked.

After talking to Karma I am calmer. And get where the whole thing was coming from.

But I am still really irritated with J/A.

He tried to use me as a pawn in keeping cricket all to himself 5 months ago. At which point I told him to never speak to me, never use my name.

The fact that I was brought up during their discussion of issues, PISSES ME OFF.

He has no concept as to why I was upset at their betratal. I don't give a damn that they fucked, when they fucked or who the hell else they fucked.

I was upset about the lies.

He has no place, and no business, pretending to give a damn about my feelings, when he was the one who out of malice, sent me the e-mail that brought this whole shit storm to the open. So don't sit there and act like you care about my feelings when in reality, you are once again trying to use me as a pawn in your sick emotional game.

I don't wish bad on others often, but I really wish he and D would both move to deserted island in the path of a hurricane. So if they don't kill eachother, mother nature can take out her mistakes herself.

They are both sick nasty fucks who prey on women and deserve nothing but to have their own karma destroy them.

Okay, Rant over.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I love the phrase "Oh the tangled webs we weave" and it couldn't be more true than now.

Only now we are trying to untangle 5 months worth of pain, misunderstanding, assumptions, and confusion.

We've woven quite the web, and were in risk of tangling ourselves beyond saving, but as usualy happens, things worked out right when they were supposed to.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 AM

Watching the show "sister wives" Brought up some intersting points for me, that I hadn't addressed in awhile.

I grew up with my "Aunt" living with us. She and my mom were close friends and she moved in with my parents shortly after they were married. She moved out somewhere around when I was in 3rd grade.

There has never been any confirmation or denial, of any sexual relationship between any of them. My brother and I have always had our suspicions, but it's something that's never been brought up.

But growing up in that environment, I always imagined, as a child, living with a close friend with my husband. As a teenager and as an adult, I wanted something more, but wouldn't let myself accept my own sexuality and how it would play into that.

So watching the show brought up somethings for me, because that is part of what hurt about Cricket joining our lives. I thought it was something my husband and I would do together, and that was taken away from me.

I don't know how long they'll be together. I can't predict the future on that one, but it was just something that crept back up. I didn't get a say in this woman joining our family. I'm not close with her, like I am Panda. And that's what I imagined. My husband loving someone, that was a best friend, if not lover to me.

Maybe one day we'll get there.

And I am kinda irate to find that that family is already being investigated for bigamy. I HATE those types of laws. Who's busisness is it?

Happy. Healthy. Sane.
Butt the hell out. Sometimes, laws are just yuck. Who decided that needed to be a law?
Old 09-30-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
Butt the hell out. Sometimes, laws are just yuck. Who decided that needed to be a law?
My honest opinion? Men who were afraid that, if the more charming, more intelligent, better looking men were allowed to have maore than one wife, then there wouldn't be any women left to 'settle' for their inferiority.

It allows bigoted, sexist, abusive, or just plain stupid and ugly men to have a chance at getting laid without having to change their undesirable traits..... I see legalized poligamy as more of a 'survival of the fittest' type breeding pool, that they just couldn't compete in..... but I am something of an elitist

Tags
cheating, compulsive lying, deception, forgiveness