Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 AM

I really only feel comfortable answering your first question: If you were already with someone, how did you approach them with the polyamory subject? If instead you were single but got into a poly, how did you get into said relationship?

I approached my husband and told him I was drowning in our marriage as it is. Explained that I didn't want to leave him but I couldn't continue this way. Through talking we realized that he would spend some time learning about it and processing it and I gave him his time and we started off where it was just sexual for me, but then I realized I was more poly where I could have feelings for more than one person and he grew with me in that area. I guess I'd just suggest open and honest, it's the best way to go. Be prepared however if your partner just can't get on the same boat you are on. I always say I don't know what would have happened if he wasn't as amazing and open minded as he is. Good luck

Tags
boundaries, cheating, coming out poly, commitment, defintion, description, descriptions, discovery, dissatisfaction, first time, happiness, history, introduction to poly, learning, mono poly, mono/poly, new to polyamory, opening a relationship, poly, relationship issues, scale