Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 03:34 PM

Yesterday was a great day... I started my day by waking up to the most sexy man in the world, my husband!!! We took his motorcycle to the town he works in(30 minute ride) I sat at Starbucks from 7 am -noon while he worked. Don't worry it is my favorite place to just sit. I had alot of alone time and got to do my cross stitch and read. I also got to speak to alot of different ppl, one of which had a polyamory type tattoo she was talking about removing, due to hubby leaving her for there secondary. I talke to her for a long time and hope she left with a more open heart to the fact not all ppl will do this to her.
T came and picked me up and we meet my D for lunch. T and D got a chance to talk. It was great to see them bond as friends.
After a lovely lunch we went to see a movie , The American. Do not go see this it is so slow and not a very good story line. Will in the theater I held both my guys hands and was in heaven.
When we left the theater we noticed it was about to rain! uugghh D asked if we would like to wast some time at his place until the rain pased. We agreed and followed him home. Wow he is inviting us to his house, maybe he does feel the way T is telling me. We spent some time watching Hot Tub Time Machine, funny movie, well as much as we all got to see A little more touching and kissing that lead to a lot more.
We all got a chance to talk about normal life and T is alot more comfortable with D !!! I had a chance to talk to D about our realationship and what we wanted out of it. He said he is ready to call me his girlfriend.
So all in all we had a great day!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:46 PM

Glad you had a great time honey! So did I. D is a good guy.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:20 AM

Ok, so....How did you guys get over something that was holding everything back? For some odd reason, I get all kinds of kinked up when I think about L going on a date with D, while I'm at work. :/ I am so bothered by it, that I have made it a rule for them not to do it. They haven't, and have never pushed it or pressured me to allow it. But I get bothered by the meer thought of it.

I can tell it troubles L, and it saddens her, because if they COULD go out during that time, it would give them a bit more time together....But it just bothers me so much. I mean, something about them galavanting around the town or at the movies, while I'm slaving over some car at work, just makes me upset. I'm not worried about them having sex.....what the hell!!!

L asked me the other day why I don't trust her more. I DO trust her. but this bothers me so much for some odd reason.

Another thing....she has said she would enjoy spending time with her D alone, but I can't seem to wrap my head around THAT either. UGGH! How do I get over this so they can fully enjoy each other more? I want L to be happy...and D seems to make her happy. So why can't I get over this?

Things to think about and work on I guess. All a work in progress.

L, I know you will read this, and please don't think I am mad/upset/sad/jealous/or anything else "bad". I am trying to seek help with these weird feelings so that you cna enjoy D even more and maybe get some of that "spark" back that we spoke about earlier.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
Ok, so....How did you guys get over something that was holding everything back? For some odd reason, I get all kinds of kinked up when I think about L going on a date with D, while I'm at work. :/ I am so bothered by it, that I have made it a rule for them not to do it. They haven't, and have never pushed it or pressured me to allow it. But I get bothered by the meer thought of it.
TL...you know that you and I have this in common, FOR SURE!! AND here I thought you were all good with it all....see, everyone is NORMAL!

I just read the 'Agreements' chapter in the Ethical Slut....and yes, I made the mistake of composing an email during BAD PMS, stating how I would like to see this 'agreement' piece play out! It was NOT received well...and to tell you the truth, I am not really sure why, but I digress.....

For me....things are JUST way easier when I know the plan. NO, I am not a big planner....but, it FEELS nice to be included in the decision making process I suppose. I think it may help for you as well.

Just a courtesy, 'heads up'. No big deal. "Hey hon, do you mind if I hang out with D on Thursday for a couple of hours?"

For me....that brings comfort....and of course I would say, "Sure baby...whatever makes you happy."

Just saying....
P2
Old 09-27-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyPocket View Post
For me....things are JUST way easier when I know the plan. NO, I am not a big planner....but, it FEELS nice to be included in the decision making process I suppose. I think it may help for you as well.

Just a courtesy, 'heads up'. No big deal. "Hey hon, do you mind if I hang out with D on Thursday for a couple of hours?"

For me....that brings comfort....and of course I would say, "Sure baby...whatever makes you happy."

Just saying....
P2
Well T and Polly I have never said I would not include T in planning our date(when and IF it ever happens) I want T to know where we will be and what we plan to do!
I do not want to go on a date alone with D anymore I see it is hurting T. SO there you have it!
I love you T and will not ask or speak of a date alone with D!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:25 AM

Sigh..... Now I've made her sad again. See? Every time I open my big yap.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 AM

L

Seems like it is pretty drastic, would you not give T the chance to work through his issues without making such an offer. I know he is your worried about hurting him.

Seems like he is trying to grow, why not wait and see what he comes up with.

L
Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 AM

well I can do this if he truly is trying.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 AM

And I am!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
And I am!
It's a total mofo! I know HOW extremely difficult this is!! It looks like you - T and L have a wonderful relationship! Just remember, that you are in this together. It is YOUR relationship that matters the most. If you both cherish each other as you do....the Trust between the two of you will be the most important element in this Poly World. You two are doing great....just keep the lines open and real. Smile.
P2

Tags
marriage, open relationship, quad, sexual relationships, wife swapping