Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 06:32 PM

I have never understood why it is illegal to have more than one spouse (this comming from a super conservative, right wing, christian background). As long as all parties are in agreement why is there a problem. I guess it would be handled like any other legal partnership. All must be in agreement to add a new partner and the terms and percentage involvement is determined in the beginning, but can also be changed and altered at a later date.

Benefits are another topic I have always had an issue with, why can't we decide who is to be covered under under health insurance and retirement beneifts, especially if they are part of the same household.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post

Benefits are another topic I have always had an issue with, why can't we decide who is to be covered under under health insurance and retirement beneifts, especially if they are part of the same household.
I think we should be able to do this for sure. My idea is that instead of granting people spousal benefits for a specific person, they merely give you beneficial privileges and then you decide how to disperse them. Same amount, just freedom to dispense them as you see fit.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over