Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM

Default hope for others

I haven't wrote much about my story yet...dunno why just not ready. But I wanted to post tonight to say that this week during my 4 days we had a sort of breakthrough. The last issue that I had that was stopping me being happy got resolved. After 9 weeks of all of us working real hard at this it has suddenly clicked into place.
This can work, it IS working.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Way cool! I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I'll consider this one despite it being a beginning.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Way cool! I'm a sucker for happy endings, so I'll consider this one despite it being a beginning.
Thanks AT. Yes I suppose it is only a beginning but I am very happy because I think we have done something great, and even more remarkable because before it happened my wife and I were in a VERY BAD place , marriage was on the rocks and we could not seem to even talk to each other. Now we have turned it around 180 degrees.
I wrote that original post 4 weeks ago. Since then things have got even better. My wife's other husband (OHb) helps out with the kids. Everybody feels secure.

My marriage is now stronger than it was before. Today was a case in point. Not going into details, but my wife put herself out to do something big for me. When I got to work later I phoned her and told her how much I appreciated what she did, and that I noticed she was always doing stuff like that now, always putting me first; and that made me want to be better for her, and that she was a great wife.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 PM

hey Vodkafan, would you be willing to write about this in the finding success and happiness thread... it would be great to keep adding to that... if you get a chance. much appreciated. and thanks.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 AM

This is good to hear. Please feel free to add more
Old 10-21-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
hey Vodkafan, would you be willing to write about this in the finding success and happiness thread... it would be great to keep adding to that... if you get a chance. much appreciated. and thanks.
OK I will put something together probably at the weekend when I have more time.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:29 AM

glad it's coming together 4 u all.