Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I know, I get a kick out of it when people say that... "Later in life" is when you have fewer years ahead of you than you have behind you, notwithstanding some tragic accident or disease.
Well i have been through a lot, including a very major brain surgery and a lot of other things but I guess I am fairly healthy these days so that aspect shouldnt affect my decisions as much as I think i have been letting them.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:33 AM

I agree that the way you see these things can depend a lot on who's around you... I was the first of my friends to get married, when I was 23, and most of my friends are older than me. And everyone was "oh wow, I can't believe you're getting married so early".
Now I'm 25 and none of my friends are married or have kids or anything like that, I think in France (where I was born and raised) you're not really expected to get married and have kids before you're 30 (gives you time to finish your studies and all that stuff).

If everyone around me had already been married when I got married, I'm sure I would have felt differently! As it is, I kept wondering if it wasn't too early, if we should wait more (we'd been together 3 years), things like that.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghetticat View Post
Well i have been through a lot, including a very major brain surgery and a lot of other things but I guess I am fairly healthy these days so that aspect shouldnt affect my decisions as much as I think i have been letting them.

I should have said "notwithstanding DEATH from some tragic accident or disease".
Old 09-24-2010, 06:12 PM

lol, point understood