Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM

I was redpepper, sorry. I figured you didn't go by redpepper on OKC. I'd love to know--I've been enjoying finding people and adding dimensions. I've had lovely chats this morning with 3 different people from this thread.

As you may know, I don't feel like I have much of a community here in the Albany area (though maybe I just haven't found it), so finding community, even if online (I've had a lot of benefit from online communities over the years), is important to me.

I hope that answers your question!
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:51 PM

Sure does PMing now.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewith2 View Post

One big complaint, but it seems to be the case in general is that poly women seem to have an easier time than the men. Both DW and my bf do not get a lot of interest and they are AWESOME.
Tell me about it! My male partner is trying to find a playmate and it's really tough. He messages people just to say hi, to try and get a conversation going, and 90% of the time gets no reply. Despite women's profiles saying "Hey, send me a message and we can chat", they don't seem to want to talk to him. He's open, friendly and AWESOME but isn't really being given a chance.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:35 PM

inlovewith2, I agree with you that women get a lot of attention on OKC relative to what men get.

I discovered something interesting with my ex-boyfriend that I think is probably pretty close to the truth. He might send out 100 exploratory emails and get 3 replies back. However, all his replies would be women who were genuinely interested in a relationship, love, emotional commitment, not just sex. I might get 100 emails (and I didn't have to work for them, the way he did), but it might be that the entire 100 of mine just wanted a casual sex thing.

A lot of men envy women the "easy" time we have online, but as a poly person, I think I'd rather approach this lifestyle as a man.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:22 PM

After perusing everyone's profiles, I guess it is only fair that I toss mine in. I'm WalkerBoh23. The pictures are a smidge out of date(except the X-Day pics) but other than that, it's all there.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:42 AM

So Karma has this desire for me to find someone else. I have been toying with the OKC idea for a while but not sure. I think it may help with some of the metamour issues, some of the too much time on my hands issues. But I dunno. I haven't been on a date that didn't include my husband in 8yrs. I'm not against dating someone, I just haven't actively looked. I've never tried online dating, not sure what to expect.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohegan View Post
So Karma has this desire for me to find someone else. I have been toying with the OKC idea for a while but not sure. I think it may help with some of the metamour issues, some of the too much time on my hands issues. But I dunno. I haven't been on a date that didn't include my husband in 8yrs. I'm not against dating someone, I just haven't actively looked. I've never tried online dating, not sure what to expect.
It's also a good place to meet people just for conversation... Dates seem to anticipate and have expectations... just meeting for conversation is less stressful.

(and I've had some great conversations....)
Old 09-02-2010, 11:39 AM

What is OK? Russ in Dallas, TX
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Thanks, I think I'll talk it over wit Karma and maybe get him to help me make a profile.

OKC-OK Cupid
Old 09-20-2010, 07:17 PM

I signed up a few weeks ago. Same name as here - Andy4700- but really haven't added much info..... Looks great if you're single and wanna date/meet folks... but have any of you other guys had luck meeting women that are interested in secondary relationships?

I'm having doubts.... I need a tale of encouragement.

Tags
dating, dating sites, ok cupid, okc