Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 01:38 PM

She seemed to me to be hinting that she does it when she cooks for a lover and it was for a "binding spell". I'm not sure what that means. She was Wiccan if that matters. I don't know enough about what is involved in being Wiccan to say for sure.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 PM

Mmh, I can see how using bodily fluid would be "bonding", but I wouldn't want to eat something my partner had cooked that had semen in it (even if I don't mind eating it from the source).
That's the closest comparison I can think of, since blood from a male would imply some kind of injury.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinccenzo View Post
She seemed to me to be hinting that she does it when she cooks for a lover and it was for a "binding spell". I'm not sure what that means. She was Wiccan if that matters. I don't know enough about what is involved in being Wiccan to say for sure.
I've actually done some slight research in Wicca and I've heard of this before. Actually the spell is the simple ingesting of menstrual blood, doesn't matter how. So if she's actually cooking with it that would imply to me that her partner(s) doesn't know they're ingesting it at all. The cooking would be primarily to hide the blood, in my opinion. I could be wrong but that idea just makes me ill. If you know about it sure, whatever, but feeding it to anyone without their knowledge is uncool in my book.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 PM

I buried both placentas from my homebirths in the garden. Planted a rosebush over one and a lilac over the other.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 09-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I buried both placentas from my homebirths in the garden. Planted a rosebush over one and a lilac over the other.
That's better than eating them. I know animals eat their placentas, but I've heard stories (not sure if they are true or exaggerated) of people making dishes (such as casseroles) using their placentas and trying to serve it to guests at parties.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:31 PM

I run in alternative parenting circles and most of the placenta eaters I know of make a lasagna (for the mother) or the midwife will dry the placenta and grind it and put it in capsules for the mother to take in the first couple wks post partum.

Feeding it to others would be a waste of minerals the mother could use to build herself back up again.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I run in alternative parenting circles
I know this is somewhat off-topic, but do you ever get dizzy from that?
Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM

LOL. Back when my kids were little rugrats, I sure did!

miss pixi, 37
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM

I don't think the cooking necessarily means she's hiding it, maybe her partner just feels less icky about eating cooked blood.

I don't know, it might be because I'm a vegetarian, but I don't actually see the problem, in principle, with eating stuff like menstrual blood and placenta, since nobody was hurt, and otherwise it goes to waste. So if you're going to eat meat, I can see the sense in eating meat that's already there, if I'm making sense. It kind of prevents a waste.
I could see feeding it to other animals, too, and I guess burying it for it to feed plants works as well. It all seems better than just throwing it away.

This being said, I could never cook with menstrual blood, be it my own or someone else. If someone was serving their placenta though, vegetarian or not, I'd probably be too curious to say no, and I'd at least give it a try.

Bottom line though, you should definitely be open front about it, so no serving stuff without telling people what it is, and no inviting people and serving stuff once they're there and "trapped" without warning them beforehand.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:46 AM

I don't think I could eat placenta, it's a little too much like canabalism in my mind. I do know of people who do though and more power to them.

Tags
female, women