Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damncatfish View Post

Oddly enough, the first thing you notice about someone at a nudist resort is their eyes.

Another thing is that when you run into other guests from the campground or resort in town or at the grocery store, you don't recognize each other with clothes on right away (or at all).

I saw the owner of AG at the tiny convenience store in "town" one time and I was all, "You look SO familiar!" It was winter though.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalin View Post
Ok chil'ens...

I think Berserker's original concern was in regards to Olivier's comment "running around naked, loving eachother, sharing, polyamourous" the stress being "loving eachother" which in a perfect world everyone would be using safe sex practices which would decrease the chances of infection to very very low...not to just being naked. Is this correct Berserker?
correct down to the punctuation
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM

Clothes bother me. Being naked just feels right. I spend every moment I can naked at home, and even indulge at a few friends places.

Never been to a c/o place though. To be brutally honest, I'd be self-concious!

I have many loves. And this is a great concern. The greatest insanities of this world are those stock full in the face of all.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indref View Post
Clothes bother me. Being naked just feels right. I spend every moment I can naked at home, and even indulge at a few friends places.

Never been to a c/o place though. To be brutally honest, I'd be self-concious!

That always gets me. Everyone else is naked; you should be self-conscious if you have clothes on!

(not all the time, just at a c/o resort or beach)

And most of the time, you'll be the thinnest or handsomest person there, no kidding! So if you are a guy, don't worry about unwanted wood! There are ways to deal with this and there are some good books on this topic "The Complete Guide to Nudism and Naturism" by Liz and James Egger is very good. I bought it for the owners of Abbott's Glen on the 3rd anniversary of AG last year. I paid the retail price for it off Amazon; now it's only available used for $277.00 (paperback!). They keep it in the bathroom area near the hot tub. It has chapters on overcoming shyness, introducing children to the c/o scene, how to get your wife or husband to try it with you if they're shy, and it discusses at length the aspects of nudity that overlap with sexuality, particularly the "swinging" scene, as well as ways to deal with "unwanted wood". I didn't really need that book for myself since I don't really have any of these issues, but it's good to have around to explain things to other people.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-07-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:39 PM

I know it's silly, I really do. It would just be a little background hum of discomfort, being so open around people. I think I'd get over it.

Here's an honest question; what happens if you are a fellow, and you happen to get a little.. overexcited? Does that even happen? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Edit: whoop, I must be out of it, above post answered my question basically

I have many loves. And this is a great concern. The greatest insanities of this world are those stock full in the face of all.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Custodian

Of course I'm not a guy, so I don't have this issue...

But the best way to deal with unwanted wood is to go for a swim. Barring that, you could sit or lay down in such a way that your book or towel conceals the evidence. Or, think of the ugliest cashier from your high-school cafeteria
Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM

I went to a young adult retreat for Unitarian Universalists a while back (when I was a young adult) and there was a clothing optional beach. The whole retreat featured a whole lot of healing work and creating safe space and communing intentionally. I would have never in a million years imagined myself as a person that would stroll about naked, but by the end of the retreat it seemed like the most natural thing in the world.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Custodian

"Young Adult" = Teenager, correct?
Old 09-14-2009, 01:03 AM

Young Adult was defined as 18 to 35 yrs old for this.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post
Young Adult was defined as 18 to 35 yrs old for this.

Oh that's great; I was a Young Adult once too I guess...