Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 AM

I believe the emotion I am experiencing is called anger. Hmmm interesting, shall I pull out a dictionary to analyze that? Nope..just simple fucking anger..must be a mono thing like jealousy and possessiveness. Fuck it...I'll bath in it for a while I think.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
You posted at the same time as me love.... heh, this word definition thing is near and dear to us isn't it.... I am anxiously awaiting others to respond!
I must have hit post the same time you did LOL! It wasn't in response to your comment just so you know. Although I do believe this is more my thing than yours. I can't understand why this bothers me so much but it makes me irate and just want to forget about the word poly and the forums. Weird hunh..what a trigger!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:33 AM

I'm cooling down again LOL! I actually thought of deleting my last couple of posts but they were from somewhere real so they are staying.

Peace and Love everyone..zen, zen
Old 08-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I'm cooling down again LOL! I actually thought of deleting my last couple of posts but they were from somewhere real so they are staying.

Peace and Love everyone..zen, zen
Isn't that the way of friends? One of the things I value most is having the freedom to speak my mind, especially with things that come from deep places. And afterwards I am able to reconsider and evalute and come to a better understanding. So much of that depends on the people that I am with. People that love me.

Barry
Old 08-09-2009, 01:09 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Is it possible for polyamory to fit a group of people who love each other and don't have sex with each other, or at all with anyone for that matter.... a kind of asexual poly family?
Since the word polyamory is rooted in the Greek as "many loves" the answer is yes. It is possible.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:48 PM

Having many loves, implies many lovers, implying not being asexual. Having many friends, you love, does not.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1npt View Post
Having many loves, implies many lovers, implying not being asexual. Having many friends, you love, does not.
I hope you get the little blue pill when you're 70. Otherwise you'll have to leave the club.
(Please take this with the humor it was meant as we've had this debate before.)
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM

I did XYZ....not to worry, I laughed....I do see your point about old age and it is a valid argument.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post
Since the word polyamory is rooted in the Greek as "many loves" the answer is yes. It is possible.
Nit Pick Warning!

"Multiple" is as good a definition of the Greek "poly" as any, and since the word "many" implies or evokes more than just two..., and because some polyfolk have two loves (or three, but less than "many"), I prefer to define polyamory in terms of multiple loves.

Having MANY "romantic" loves can be dauntingly challenging, and defining polyamory in terms of "many" is probably a bad PR strategy! Folks may find it easier to believe in our capacity to love "several" ... but MANY?!

River's Blog
Old 08-11-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I believe the emotion I am experiencing is called anger. Hmmm interesting, shall I pull out a dictionary to analyze that? Nope..just simple fucking anger..must be a mono thing like jealousy and possessiveness. Fuck it...I'll bath in it for a while I think.
Mono,

If some of your anger was provoked by me, I'm sorry. While your buttons may be so arranged that they are triggered by vocabulary sticklers, mine are so arrranged as to be provoked by dictionary indifference or indifference to conventional usage. It is quite another thing from indifference to be creative and playful in word use -- and doing so needn't disregard conventional usages. And I'm happiest in that sort of atmosphere. (See, here I'm using "atmosphere" as a metaphor.)

I hope that you'll be willing to talk with me about it when we are in disagreement, rather than to stew in anger.

River's Blog

Tags
aromantic, asexual, asexual poly, asexual poly panromantic, asexuality