Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 05:40 PM

ummmm sorry maybe I am missing something, but you are inviting her over with the intention of, hopefully, becoming romantic, but not wanting to give away your interest? I hope she doesn't feel like she has been ambushed if it comes up. People can be particular if they aren't expecting romance and have it thrust on them.

As for the menu. I am not sure. I love to cook but I don't do vegetarian. For our date nights we tended to spoil

We opened up with

Oysters, crab and crackers/tapanade. A nice garden salad with vinnegrette

Usually some sort of a soup that I made. Potato leek or Carrot were fan favorites in my grouping

Would usually hit a nice steak or tuna steak. Something hearty. We didn't usually get this far in the meal

A good dish which might suit is a variation of spinach salad.
Steam the Spinach.
Reduce lightly in a seperate pan some red whine vinegar with sesame oil. I would experiment with your taste buds. I love the flavours so I tend to make extra and a little on the oily side compared to what Pengrah enjoys.
Take your favorite seed with some crunch

Put spinach in serving bowl, poor the sauce on top and put seeds on top (you can even put sesame paste on top if the texture doesn't bug ya)

One of my personal favorites and its a little variation

Homeade tofu feta eh? Thats sounds good
Old 08-30-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
ummmm sorry maybe I am missing something, but you are inviting her over with the intention of, hopefully, becoming romantic, but not wanting to give away your interest? I hope she doesn't feel like she has been ambushed if it comes up. People can be particular if they aren't expecting romance and have it thrust on them.

As for the menu. I am not sure. I love to cook but I don't do vegetarian. For our date nights we tended to spoil

We opened up with

Oysters, crab and crackers/tapanade. A nice garden salad with vinnegrette

Usually some sort of a soup that I made. Potato leek or Carrot were fan favorites in my grouping

Would usually hit a nice steak or tuna steak. Something hearty. We didn't usually get this far in the meal

A good dish which might suit is a variation of spinach salad.
Steam the Spinach.
Reduce lightly in a seperate pan some red whine vinegar with sesame oil. I would experiment with your taste buds. I love the flavours so I tend to make extra and a little on the oily side compared to what Pengrah enjoys.
Take your favorite seed with some crunch

Put spinach in serving bowl, poor the sauce on top and put seeds on top (you can even put sesame paste on top if the texture doesn't bug ya)

One of my personal favorites and its a little variation

Homeade tofu feta eh? Thats sounds good
The intention of the meal is, above the board, to give J a chance to meet Tonberry (they haven't met yet), and while I would like things to turn romantic with J I don't want to shout it from the rooftops. Even entertaining the idea of getting involved with her is straying into the territory of a very bad idea, because our job doesn't approve of employees dating. That's while I'm treading cautiously on this and possibly seeming somewhat paranoid and contradictory.

As for the vegetarian menu, Tonberry is vegetarian (not vegan, she eats eggs but in allergic to milk) and J used to be vegetarian, thus the reason I promised her to cook a homemade vegetarian meal some time. I also have a good excuse if she's worried I went a little too far in planning the menu, it's pretty well known at work that I love cooking, so I'm enjoying the excuse to make a multi-course meal and would still do this even if I wasn't attracted to her.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:52 PM

Oh, you guys are soooo cute with your recipes!

Yeah, what Ari said, dont hit on her that night...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32
Old 08-30-2010, 08:55 PM

BTW, welcome, Ragabash. I've noticed your wife here and she seems nice, as do you.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Master, 32
Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post

Don't worry, I don't plan to hit on her unless she makes the first move.

Quote:
BTW, welcome, Ragabash. I've noticed your wife here and she seems nice, as do you.
Thanks! We're both happy to be part of the community, living in a small conservative town we can't exactly be open, so it's nice to have a little corner of the web where we can be completely open about our relationships.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:

I love to cook, and more importantly I love to cook for the people in my life. ...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 PM

I wanna be one of your people! *wah*

Master, 32
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 PM

Hope all goes well..great sounding meal!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-30-2010, 11:01 PM

I should probably note that Rag is a very shy person who is likely not to even flirt back if she makes the first move
Old 08-30-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
I should probably note that Rag is a very shy person who is likely not to even flirt back if she makes the first move
There's also that, too.