Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Custodian

I hope that this is not just an isolated incident. It's great that he placed priority for you folks above that of his comic books THIS time, but it does nothing to address long-term issues. You all still need to eat NEXT month.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:46 PM

OMG!!!! Your situation is almost parallel to mine. I being the wife was the one that aprroached hubby about polyamory after falling in love with someone else. We've got NRE all over the place and are really trying to take things slow. I can also really relate to your concerns about your wife's friend being so young. My husband's new love is only 18 and we haven't met her in person yet either. I am very concerned about her maturity level and age with this kind of relationship structure. But so far things are going well for us. We are just taking things a little at a time.

Good Luck to you
Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStyx View Post
OMG!!!! Your situation is almost parallel to mine. I being the wife was the one that aprroached hubby about polyamory after falling in love with someone else. We've got NRE all over the place and are really trying to take things slow. I can also really relate to your concerns about your wife's friend being so young. My husband's new love is only 18 and we haven't met her in person yet either. I am very concerned about her maturity level and age with this kind of relationship structure. But so far things are going well for us. We are just taking things a little at a time.

Good Luck to you
Is your husband asking you to let her and her comic books and video games to move in with you from halfway across the country with no job and no money after writing letters to her probation officer because she was convicted for shoplifting from Hot Topic?

Sorry about the run-on sentence just there.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Is your husband asking you to let her and her comic books and video games to move in with you from halfway across the country with no job and no money after writing letters to her probation officer because she was convicted for shoplifting from Hot Topic?

Sorry about the run-on sentence just there.
Ha Ha no its not that extreme. But his girlfriend has lived in foster care for years and she just turned 18 in March. She has goals and ambitions, she's going to beauty school in the fall. BUT when my husband first met her she was possibly pregnant with her ex's baby. So we talked about the possibility of moving her in and helping her raising it. I'm glad that we aren't going to have to do that though and she is hell bent on going to school which is good. My big concern is her possibly unstable past. I don't have any idea about why she was in foster care and what happened with her family. I haven't dared ask. She currently works as a nanny and takes care of kids so we also considered moving her in to help tend our kids. But right now our relationships are far too young.

My advice to you (as if I could give any as I'm just as new at this lol) is just really take things slow as possible. It's really difficult, I know. But talking about anything and everything and keeping that communication open really really helps. Tell your wife ALL your feelings and make it known to her that you expect her to consider ALL of your feelings too. That was one thing I really kept in mind because I knew that asking my husband to let me have a lover was really asking just too much of him. So I treaded lightly and let him sort out his own feelings about it first before I pressed anymore about it.

We stll have iffy feelings about the whole situtation but each day brings new experiences and we take it as it comes.

Tags
boundaries, child raising, children, kids, living together, moving in, triads, vees, young