Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 07:07 PM

Can I put poly comedy in here

Pengrah had a funny thing happen yesterday at work. She received 3 texts in succession. Her co-worker ask if she was having an affair. She told her

"well the first text is from my husband, the second from my bf and the third from my husbands girlfriends husband"

She got quite a chuckle out of it, not to mention it opened up dialog between the two about jealousy.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post

"well the first text is from my husband, the second from my bf and the third from my husbands girlfriends husband"

I can just see her saying this so casually too! HAHA!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:

lol...that's awesome.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
That honestly made my day.

So success story since I have been dealing with my own issues of jealousy...new to poly and all that rewiring of my brain stuff...preface being I had always had the guideline, still do, that I don't want to know about the physical intimacy side of things with Mr.A and TP. To this end, I am actually not too bad with dealing with feelings of it...like I said: shower TP off, remark my territory and the emotional intimacy I am working on...peaks and valleys with how I feel about it.

Anyhoo...success story time...Let TP have an overnighter with Mr. A...one of the rules is that is okayed, or offered only...since it pretty much constitutes an extra half day beyond the two that she is limited to. So TP, Mr. A and I went to brunch Saturday morning. Found a round table and had a great meal together. End of the meal comes and TP is coming with me, Mr. A is on his way...she wasn't sure if she could say her goodbyes and had to ask. I had assumed she was going to (which is really quite good on my part) and I watched them kiss and say what I presume was their I love you's and part ways without feeling jealous or really anything negative about it...but then french toast does have a calming affect...
Old 08-29-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigomontoya View Post
...shower TP off, remark my territory...
LOL!

I love reconnecting w my gf after being with someone else.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place. --Shaw

me: Mags, female, pansexual, 59, loving and living with
miss pixi, female, pansexual, 37
Old 08-29-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigomontoya View Post
Found a round table and had a great meal together. End of the meal comes and TP is coming with me, Mr. A is on his way...she wasn't sure if she could say her goodbyes and had to ask. I had assumed she was going to (which is really quite good on my part) and I watched them kiss and say what I presume was their I love you's and part ways without feeling jealous or really anything negative about it
Round table = awesome.

Also, I didn't assume I could say my goodbyes ... never hurts to check, my love.

You don't know it, but you're about to remark your territory!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:51 AM

Default Great Weekend :)

PN and Redpepper had a good night Friday and they seem to have reconnected Sunday me and him worked on their deck together and it reminded me of just what more people maintaining a house could achieve with regards to more time to do the things we really want to. It was nice because while we worked and thier son did his own carpentry with old boards and a hammer, Redpepper got to go for a walk with Derbylicious. Sometimes it really can be quite simple to just enjoy being who we are with the people in our lives It's not all drama and work, especially now...but we are taking on more challenges and moving forward as a family

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-31-2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
PN and Redpepper had a good night Friday and they seem to have reconnected Sunday me and him worked on their deck together and it reminded me of just what more people maintaining a house could achieve with regards to more time to do the things we really want to. It was nice because while we worked and thier son did his own carpentry with old boards and a hammer, Redpepper got to go for a walk with Derbylicious. Sometimes it really can be quite simple to just enjoy being who we are with the people in our lives It's not all drama and work, especially now...but we are taking on more challenges and moving forward as a family
Perhaps Mercury isn't in retrograde anymore . It has been a surprisingly good weekend.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:21 PM

Yesterday Sean had a very bad day at work, but Rag and I supported him through the phone/Internet.
He said "I love both of you so much" and thanked us for being there for him, and that made me very happy. I think it's wonderful that my boyfriend and husband can bond even though, being both straight, they wouldn't get involved romantically or sexually. I feel like we're one big family and that's the way it should be (for me).
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 PM

Default 23 months and a big step :)

Today I gave my notice to move out of my apartment on December first. There is definitely happiness in the idea of a new chapter in our lives; seeing what we can build and seeing Redpepper surrounded by those that love her. I am looking forward to being able to enjoy a beer with Polynerdist and Redpepper on the back deck in the evening and not think about driving home after. (I'll just stumble down the stairs LOL)

We are all a little nervous, a little taken back and certainly expecting some growing pains. But non of us feel trapped in this decision either. Our connection as a family is the truly important thing...we will do whatever it takes to keep that intact. We will watch the connections we have as couples and make sure being closer does in fact bring us closer. Our families know what we are doing and Redpepper's parents seem to be our strongest supporters I believe. And of course, we wil keep everyone updated

Poly Events All Over

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee