Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Custodian

People have fantasies about their "ideal situation" but then reality hits and they can't deal with the fact that people are PEOPLE and not abstract concepts.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Yesterday I wrote to her.
Quote:
Hi M,

I've written to [your husband] a couple times since we all met and have had no response at all. So I thought I'd give this one last shot and contact you.

I am in the dark as to where I fit in your lives right now. I am guessing I am not welcome. This saddens me, as [your husband] and I have been good online friends, if nothing else, for quite some time now, and I miss his presence and support in my life, even if nothing more fully realized comes out of our connection.

This lack of communication has got me pretty down. I feel rather depressed about it. I wish I could get more information from one or both of you as to what is going on. I feel disrespected.

If you two are struggling with poly boundaries and just don't see adding a new lover to your "family" right now, that's fine. I just wish someone would let me know one way or the other so I can move on and heal my heart. Thank you.

Mags
Ball's in their court. I am not optimistic. It's been 2 weeks now since we met, and I am getting used to the idea it might all be over, and I've even lost a good friend, never mind a lusty sex partner.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Custodian

It's just not grooovy that he hasn't responded. He should at least have sent you a short, "I received your message, thanks. I will respond if and when I feel ready. Please do what you need to do and don't worry about me; I'm ok for now."
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
People have fantasies about their "ideal situation" but then reality hits and they can't deal with the fact that people are PEOPLE and not abstract concepts.

Yeah. There is always a big difference between the "ideal situation" and a real live someone in your living room wearing PJs, eating fruit loops, and watching animal planet(not saying anyone on this thread wears PJs, eats fruit loops, or watches animal planet).
Old 08-25-2010, 04:46 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaBum23 View Post
Yeah. There is always a big difference between the "ideal situation" and a real live someone in your living room wearing PJs, eating fruit loops, and watching animal planet(not saying anyone on this thread wears PJs, eats fruit loops, or watches animal planet).
I bet they are a few cards shy of a full deck when it comes to the "big multi-family house", too, but I'll be the first to admit that I base that entirely on assumption, conjecture, and complete and total LACK of information.

It's probably still the case, though. I'm a good guesser.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Magdlyn...sounds like you tried to show the wife that you would be a great partner and didn't sound like you came off threatening to her, with your meeting...I hope you do hear from him/or them soon, it's not very fair to keep you in limbo like that. Try and keep your chin up... Candi
Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 PM

Default Another thought occured to me...

If neither of them answers you in a reasonable amount of time, that in and of itself may be an answer. Not a good answer or one that reflects well on them, but an answer.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
I bet they are a few cards shy of a full deck when it comes to the "big multi-family house", too, but I'll be the first to admit that I base that entirely on assumption, conjecture, and complete and total LACK of information.

It's probably still the case, though. I'm a good guesser.
haha, no actually, they really do own the house. 100 year old house, 3 floors. I was there. I don't blame you for wondering tho.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

miss pixi, 37
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candi View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Magdlyn...sounds like you tried to show the wife that you would be a great partner and didn't sound like you came off threatening to her, with your meeting...I hope you do hear from him/or them soon, it's not very fair to keep you in limbo like that. Try and keep your chin up... Candi
Aww, thanks, Candi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaBum23 View Post
If neither of them answers you in a reasonable amount of time, that in and of itself may be an answer. Not a good answer or one that reflects well on them, but an answer.
Yeah, I know. I havent heard back since I emailed her yesterday. Maybe I never will. Maybe in a month he'll muster the courage to email me and tell me it's never gonna happen. I'm starting to get that feeling at this point anyway.

miss pixi, 37
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
haha, no actually, they really do own the house. 100 year old house, 3 floors. I was there. I don't blame you for wondering tho.
Well it sounds like you just didn't measure up to their quality-control system, or something like that. Maybe they should start doing more rigorous background checks.

Or better yet, just write these people off and find something better. Utopia is over-rated.