Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 02:09 AM

Straight male married to a female.

I think labels are good and bad. They help someone else size up a situation quickly, but they can lead to a sterotype of that label.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeGeneration View Post
but to save space, what I neglected to add was that I'd mentioned the 'flexible' label because I know many people who reluctantly identified as bi who felt that flexible was a more accurate label, even if still not completely how they felt. I intended to ask you to look it up and see if it didnt sound more familiar than simply bi, then add at the end that "I could be wrong (but just trying to help) "

but yeah... that didnt fit, sorry :P
No offense taken, Raze. But you can see how the wrong tone to the exact same words would become tiresome. Just taking the time to make a point.

The more you know... *shooting star*
Old 08-23-2010, 02:22 AM

I know I just over reacted. Sorry. Just dealing with my own stuff. Your post was very resonable. <sigh>
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Custodian

In the user profiles, there is no field specifically for "orientation" or "sexual preference". HOWEVER, where it says "Interests", you can write whatever you want. I put "Women & Men" in mine. You can also write anything you want in Biography, or ANY of the other fields.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 08-23-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
In the user profiles, there is no field specifically for "orientation" or "sexual preference". HOWEVER, where it says "Interests", you can write whatever you want. I put "Women & Men" in mine. You can also write anything you want in Biography, or ANY of the other fields.
If you really want it out there, you can put in in your signature. I was thinking about doing that ...
Old 08-23-2010, 03:56 PM

Very male, married to very girly wife, who could become poly, but I am unsure. If she took a poly girl as her special S/O, I would be happy with that. But I am not yet ready for her to take a poly man as S/O.

Am I normal?

i love threesome sex though.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namarta View Post
Very male, married to very girly wife, who could become poly, but I am unsure. If she took a poly girl as her special S/O, I would be happy with that. But I am not yet ready for her to take a poly man as S/O.

Am I normal?

I don't know if you are "normal", but you do sound "usual".
Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namarta View Post
Am I normal?

if she were to say she was ok with you having a male S/O, but not ready for you to have a female S/O, would that be ok with you?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:46 AM

Female, married to a man, DavidWebb on the forum, poly, dating 2 men and very curious to date a woman, just not sure how to find someone who would be willing to very slowly cultivate a relationship with me, and I'm in the "habit" of being attracted to men.
forging my path together with the best partner I could ever ask for!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlovewith2 View Post
Female, married to a man, DavidWebb on the forum, poly, dating 2 men and very curious to date a woman, just not sure how to find someone who would be willing to very slowly cultivate a relationship with me, and I'm in the "habit" of being attracted to men.
Don't go looking for a "relationship" with a woman then. Develop friendships with women while keeping an open mind to let things progress in whichever direction they are naturally tending towards.