Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 09:06 AM

Man, I really wish I could come camping sometime. It just seems like a LOT of fun.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
And Gentlenest! Camping and beer Woohoo!q
I don't know this Canadian term, "woohoo!q."

Was that a hiccup from all the beer?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
I don't know this Canadian term, "woohoo!q."

Was that a hiccup from all the beer?
Smart phones are only as smart (or as sober) as their operators!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Woohoo! Having a great time camping with Redpepper, Polynerdist, Derbylicious and husband, Geminigirl, Ariakas, Pengrah, Imaginary Illusion and wife and a whole bunch of local polilies and monos Woohoo!
Mono, you sound as though you are on top of the world. You usually do. I think you sound like you have found your niche in the world and are just giddly happy to have done so.

Have fun.

My idea of camping it going somewhere where there are no phones, no computers, a bed and room service. I want to go somewhere where I don't still have to do cooking and cleaning and someone else can wait on me for a while!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathesgirl View Post
I think you sound like you have found your niche in the world

!
This was by far the most fun I have had within our community
The weekend had a great turnout of old and new friends. Ariakas and Pengrah were a a gift to meet in person and we will see more of them in the future for sure. I also got to know Gemini's partner more and was very impressed by his knowledge of all things sharp and pointy! Redpepper's brother was with us and I think he had a good time and really felt a part of his sister's life again after a long year of wondering what his role was with this new dynamic in the family.

There was a completely inviting atmosphere for an incredibly diverse group of people. From gender identification to relationship nature, everyone treated each other with caring and acceptance. There were no arguments but there was discussion that spawned randomly without any formal structure. There was no agenda to the weekend other than people coming together with one expectation; to feel respected, included, and free to be themselves. It was great to see my mono friends relaxing and mingling comfortably with everyone and I couldn't help but think that this was one of the keys to building awareness and acceptance; just being who we are without unintentionally segregating ourselves by putting all the focus on how we have relationships instead of who we are as people.

I feel more invested in the people around me than I ever have and simply had a hell of a good time laughing and hanging with everyone

Thanks to Redpepper for putting so much energy in to making this happen. I love you Lilo

and thanks to all of my fellow campers on here....you guys were a blast!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 08-23-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:54 AM

Default A nice touch to the weekend

When we got back from camping we were all invited to Redpepper's parent's place for lunch. We had a nice meal and all chipped in to prepare it as a family. Before leaving I gave her Mum a hug and she gave me a little kiss on the cheek and said "Good bye Love". I'm sure it's a common British thing but regardless it was a reminder of just how far we have come.

Then Derby & kids, Redpepper, Ariakas, Pengrah and I went to a local Vegan restaurant for a nice supper and walk around our little city...can't think of a better way to end this weekend

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-23-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:

Then Derby & kids, Redpepper, Ariakas, Pengrah and I went to a local Vegan restaurant for a nice supper and walk around our little city...can't think of a better way to end this weekend
I have never had vegan food that good before. I'm going back and maybe taking my husband (although he'll have to be blindfolded so he doesn't know it's vegan).
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 AM

What a great weekend. I am so thrilled to of made some new friends in the real. I had wished that we could of spent more time with Ari and his wonderful wife, but I am being patient and realizing that there is plenty of time. There is no rush to get to know anyone, no one is going anywhere, although I do have to say I have a bit of NRE about our friendship. HA! I'm so poly

I loved that this weekend was created out of posting an event on facebook that simply said we were going camping and this is our site number and it would be great if others occupied the sites around us... I had no idea that others would want to come and share time with each other! We have four sites in all and about 20 people... all walks of life but sharing in the same experience; they all took each other for who they are. We were a motley bunch for sure, but everyone took care of each other... no food, I will give you some, no sleeping bag, have this one, I am feeling sad, here is a hug and a listening ear, my back hurts, let me massage it for you, I think this way, I respect that and here is my opinion,,, isn't it great that we are different from one another.

So amazing...

I have faith in the world when blessed with the presence of such caring, compassionate, respectful, interesting and loving people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who read here and experienced/created this weekend with me.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:57 AM

It sounds like a totally awesome weekend and a perfect ending to the perfect weekend as well!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 AM

Wow guys, that sounds truly, wonderfully amazing!!

A little jealous, but mostly filled with compersion.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee