Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 08:15 AM

Male, straight.

Immaterial
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM

hubby is straight, and I am situational bi sexual...I am attracted to certain women, and have had numerous fun times with women, including using strapon's....had a hot, bleach blonde, that look's like a playboy model, do the hell outta me once...talk about a turn on..she did a great job for her first time. Most of my attention sway's towards men though, I couldn't do without them.... Candi
Old 08-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Female,Straight,in a relationship with a Poly male,I'm still learning and am not averse to the possibility of meeting someone else while I am with him
Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 PM

Default Gender: Awesome... Preference: Amazing

I'm a homosexual polyamorous male... I have no issue with labels as long as they're accurate. since homo/gay/ect means being attracted to the same sex, and thats what I am, there's no problem

I'm a bit confused by the bi and pan ppl that don't like labels. if the label describes you, what's the issue?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeGeneration View Post
I'm a bit confused by the bi and pan ppl that don't like labels. if the label describes you, what's the issue?
Ahhhh ... the bi label! Am I confused? Perhaps I'm just transitioning! I have a male fiancÚ and a boyfriend, so I can't like girls THAT much ... (Meanwhile, women are almost exclusively what I "check out.") Wait, no, I just like to get drunk and make out with girls.

I've had lesbians not take me seriously, many straight people don't get it, and some guys just see the easy half of a threesome.

So, the label describes me (I don't consider it as excluding trans people, since I view them as whatever sex they identify with), but I don't like strangers using it, or defining myself to strangers that way ...

I guess the best example I can come up with might be when I'm around my male gay friends ... occassionally one of them will do something very stereotypically "gay" which either results in they themselves, or someone in the group calling them a fag. Or they describe something they've done and how they're such a fag for it. But none of them would ever introduce themselves to someone as a "fag".

We can define the labels all we want, but we can't change what other people associate them with.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 AM

Female, Bisexual, Poly
Married to: Male, Straight, Open-Minded
Hopeful about: Male, Straight, Open-Minded
Wishing for: Female, Bisexual, Poly
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Smile I fall in love with people, not bodies = correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
Pshaw. Says the boring monosexual!

I dislike both the bi and pan labels, but one has to pick something and I fall in love with people, not bodies.
------------------
your idea is correct, this is the "clever way"...
hormonal/sensual/sexual pleasures are "just a part of the pleasure".

But we are "more than an animal/vegetable", we have a "more comples brain" taht enables conversation betweee clevernesses, although different (like a fork and a knife...)

It is a real pleasure (before/after sex) to climb with other one to "intellectual montains", whatever they may be (art, science, discussion about anything, building a project, etc)

And SOME people are better, have more skills/generosity/knowledges on those fileds.

So they are a pleasure.. to love....
Old 08-22-2010, 10:27 AM

@TP I understand that, I have a few of the "fag" friends too, although I rarely use the word, and never use it to describe myself or ppl I love. I think it goes in tow with women calling their friends and themselves bitches, yet taking offense if someone outside the circle says it, same with "n"

and not to throw more labels at you, but you sound more heteroflexible than bi, pretty much meaning ur attraction to men far outweigh yours to women, but the attraction is still there
but I could be wrong
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeGeneration View Post
and not to throw more labels at you, but you sound more heteroflexible than bi, pretty much meaning ur attraction to men far outweigh yours to women, but the attraction is still there
but I could be wrong
It's simply a matter of convenience, to be honest. Small city ... men are easier to find. I've been around more guys my whole life, have more guy friends by far, and honestly find it difficult to "seduce" a woman ... I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING!!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerPete View Post
It's simply a matter of convenience, to be honest. Small city ... men are easier to find. I've been around more guys my whole life, have more guy friends by far, and honestly find it difficult to "seduce" a woman ... I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE THINKING!!
It's the same for me; although I can't blame it on being in a small city.