Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I went to Catholic school for 13 years, I think maybe some of that good Catholic guilt might have rubbed off on me too. hehehe
Well you're bound to have something rubbed off on you at Catholic school

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post

Looking forward to good friends and large badminton games (we have a lot of rackets )
With all those pollies there are bound to be plenty of birdies too

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Well you're bound to have something rubbed off on you at Catholic school
well never actuall IN school...just in the parking lot
Old 08-20-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
well never actuall IN school...just in the parking lot
Wow..our priests couldn't afford cars

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monovcphg View Post
wow..our priests couldn't afford cars
omg that is soooo wrong!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM

but more success i suppose, i decided to message one of my closest friends since 05 on Facebook and 'officially come out' as poly to him, he's known about my oddly formed relationships in the past... just didn't know they were intentional
but to my surprise, in asking how his love life has been b4 dropping the bomb, he tells me he actually has 2 boyfriends & they know of eachother (i hadn't had the chance to talk to him since i've been in germany) made it alot easier to tell him tho lol
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeGeneration View Post
to my surprise, in asking how his love life has been b4 dropping the bomb, he tells me he actually has 2 boyfriends & they know of eachother (i hadn't had the chance to talk to him since i've been in germany) made it alot easier to tell him tho lol
Good to hear Raze! Those are the kind of surprise reaction more of us need

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-20-2010, 06:12 PM

My wife and I were at a dinner party the other night with some other poly peeps in the area. I found myself out on the patio, listening to my wife discussing her gf with a mutual friend in the kitchen...and I marveled.

I thought back to some of the rockier parts of our journey, times when I was very keen on a non-monogamous lifestyle, and my wife really wasn't...in no small part due to my enthusiasm. There were times I wondered if she'd stay on the journey with me.
And now I was watching her and thinking 'my how things change'. She was talking about her romantic relationship, which has nothing to do with me, and I saw her glow. I'm not always good at reading people, but I'm pretty well attuned to my wife. Have been for a long time. No matter what words she was saying, I could read between the lines of every gesture, the tone of her voice, twitch of her smile...she loves her gf...genuinely cares about her deeply. And she cares for her metamores. I watched her standing there talking and I think it was the first time I saw her as a polyamorous woman. She speaks it, looks it, ....and loves as one.
She gets all shiny whenever she talks about her gf. She makes things for her, gets her little gifts, texts her frequently...basks in the NRE as much as she tries not to. And I love it. I love her for it.

So much for the afterglow...time to go pack for Seattle.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
My wife and I were at a dinner party the other night with some other poly peeps in the area. I found myself out on the patio, listening to my wife discussing her gf with a mutual friend in the kitchen...and I marveled.

I thought back to some of the rockier parts of our journey, times when I was very keen on a non-monogamous lifestyle, and my wife really wasn't...in no small part due to my enthusiasm. There were times I wondered if she'd stay on the journey with me.
And now I was watching her and thinking 'my how things change'. She was talking about her romantic relationship, which has nothing to do with me, and I saw her glow. I'm not always good at reading people, but I'm pretty well attuned to my wife. Have been for a long time. No matter what words she was saying, I could read between the lines of every gesture, the tone of her voice, twitch of her smile...she loves her gf...genuinely cares about her deeply. And she cares for her metamores. I watched her standing there talking and I think it was the first time I saw her as a polyamorous woman. She speaks it, looks it, ....and loves as one.
She gets all shiny whenever she talks about her gf. She makes things for her, gets her little gifts, texts her frequently...basks in the NRE as much as she tries not to. And I love it. I love her for it.

*tear* *sniff* so lovely... she's a lucky woman that girlfriend.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post

Wow.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee