Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 PM

I am female in a V. My bisexual GF has a BF who also has occasional sex with other men. We are all long distance, although the two of them share their living spaces in both cities. He and I actually live in the same city.

My first dates with her included meeting him (first date) and a shared dinner and convo (2nd date) in their apartment here. It was a lovely time. Since then, some of my visits to her (out of state) have coincided with his time there too and the three of us have hung out. It's been lovely. The BF and I get along, have mutual liking and respect for each other and he recently shared that he sees my loving, supportive friendship and more with our GF and truly appreciates it. He also told me that he is happy and honored to be connected to me. That means the world to me. I feel the same.

Since we do not get to see each other often, my GF and I try to be sure that we have a date night/alone time during the visits when the BF is also around but also that the three of us have some time together. I think this is essential to keeping all the relationships grounded in the reality of the V formation. And, we just genuinely enjoy each other's company and conversations.

The three of us have also been together in social space and BF has tended to allow my GF and I to publicly present as a couple. I asked about this dynamic and was told that he is conscious that the two of them (who have been together for a couple of years) have had the space to do this and he wants me and my GF to be able to do so as well. I look forward to our finding a social space where we can reveal the true nature of our connections and be the fabulous V that we are.

I think it is important that open communication be the foundation. That all parties feel they can ask questions, be vulnerable and be heard and supported. I know that I am very blessed to have found such loving people to explore this place with. I do not see a triad in our future but am very open to creating a family of affinity. I am very much in love with my GF, know that the BF is part of the deal and love to be witness to the loving, supportive relationship that they have.