Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 PM

I also avoid accepting confidences that are supposed to be kept from my partner(s). Sometimes one has to make an exception, but I mostly don't owe people the burden of having to consider whether or not I can talk about something privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Your descriptions of this situation just screams "teenage girl". She is acting like a spoiled teenager with absolutely no regard for the people she claims to love and wants to keep in her life.
I've known plenty of teenaged women who treat people with respect. I didn't even realise that this stereotype existed.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkelly View Post
I've known plenty of teenaged women who treat people with respect. I didn't even realise that this stereotype existed.
I am actually basing this on my personal experience with teenagers. Most of the time they can be polite, kind and respectful (unless you are the mom). They truely can't understand why you don't agree with their selfish descissions and why they need to act differently. I hear the "but this makes me happy" accompained with "no one else has said anything" or "my friends agree with me". Of course there is always the "you just don't understand".
Old 08-17-2010, 12:04 AM

This is so funny I had to share, that slowing down this week for our anniversary? Get this:
Tuesday- concert he n maybe his wife there, want us to carpool
Wednesday- race, hes running, im sure theyre betting sexual favors on, and he'll be at after party
Thursday- 2 parties, he'll be at both (our anniversary)

weekend, to be determined
Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 AM

Seems like a positive sign that you're starting to stand up for some boundaries for yourself. Now that you've reached that healthier place, have you considered putting a hit out on him? I'd guess you'd be too upset to have your wife assassinated as well, but still, might be for the best.

Anyhow, if you like this idea, I'm available... cheap!

Anotherbo

P.S. This is a test of the emergency hitman system. This is only a test. If this were an actual emergency, a hitman would be outside your door already.

Last edited by anotherbo; 08-17-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
I am actually basing this on my personal experience with teenagers. Most of the time they can be polite, kind and respectful (unless you are the mom). They truely can't understand why you don't agree with their selfish descissions and why they need to act differently. I hear the "but this makes me happy" accompained with "no one else has said anything" or "my friends agree with me". Of course there is always the "you just don't understand".
As a recent former teenager...yeah. Some of my friends should have put "But it makes me happy and I need to do what I have to do" on repeat and saved their vocal cords. And some bitches don't grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazednConfused View Post
This is so funny I had to share, that slowing down this week for our anniversary? Get this:
Tuesday- concert he n maybe his wife there, want us to carpool
Wednesday- race, hes running, im sure theyre betting sexual favors on, and he'll be at after party
Thursday- 2 parties, he'll be at both (our anniversary)

weekend, to be determined
Break? My black ass. Fuck. That. Shit.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Now that you've reached that healthier place, have you considered putting a hit out on him? I'd guess you'd be too upset to have your wife assassinated as well, but still, might be for the best.
LOL!! Yes, I have; and BTW - if I wasn't already married...you have no idea how good your timing was!!

I asked her yesterday to not use our bed anymore, she quickly agreed. On Saunday I made a 'mess' on the couch, and forgot to clean it. Last night we're sitting on couch watching TV she says to me 'well you don't have to bother cleaning your stain off the couch now" I just burst into tears and couldn't stop.

I went outside for a smoke and read this...laughed my ass off, quite literally
Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChild View Post
Break? My black ass. Fuck. That. Shit.
So...tell us how you really feel.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
I went outside for a smoke and read this...laughed my ass off, quite literally
I'm so glad you were in the mood for some comic relief!

Anotherbo
Old 08-17-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherbo View Post

P.S. This is a test of the emergency hitman system. This is only a test. If this were an actual emergency, a hitman would be outside your door already.

Fucking lol

We all have your back, Dazed, in one way or another!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 PM

Thanks folks! I am committing to myself to try not to get too pissed at any one event this week, there's going to be lots to choose from.

While we had some great talks today, she forwarded me some correspondance between her and the BF, she wanted some advice. I snapped a little, but quickly got over it. Gonna head home soon to head out to Foreigner Concert tonight, with her, him, and his wife...I'm going to try to make the best of all this this week, if it kills me....and it just might...

Tags
affairs, cheating, cheating and poly, endings, neglect, self sacrifice