Painting toy soldiers
Real ale
Procrastinating
Worrying

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:03 PM

Smile I just saw this thread

My list looks like this..

Running, (every morning) followed by something sweat and big coffee.

Soccer, at least 2 games during the week and on Sunday mornings.

Class, the longer I am in college the better I am enjoying my classes.

Cooking, it feel like cooking is a survival skill and everyone should learn.

Books, I love the idea of books but I don't get to read for fun that often.

My Journal, when I first moved in Renee had me keep one. I have leaned so much for it.

Parenting, I know I am not the boys Mother or Father but I do play a critical part in their lives and its important that I do things the right way, and help raise them to be caring and thoughtful people.

That's just a few..
Old 04-29-2015, 02:14 PM

There's not a lot of time for hobbies which take us away from the kids and we home educate so the kids are always around.
I crochet and read when they're occupied and they've recently started indoor climbing lessons so while they're busy with the instructor my husband and I can climb together.
Otherwise we have to pay expensive babysitting rates to get out to do anything.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Official Greeter

Re (from OP):
Quote:
"What sort of fun things do all of you do for hobbies when you're not posting here?"
Oh crap, that eliminates my #1 hobby.

Well, sometimes I read, or do other computer stuff (e.g. Facebook, a thorn in my side). I suppose most of all I dig watching movies, also cool TV series such as Law & Order, Breaking Bad, the X Files ... you get the idea.

I used to have other hobbies like playing piano, composing songs for the piano ... for some reason I've lost interest in that though.

Re:
Quote:
"How did you get into doing whatever it is you do?"
I like movies and TV shows (provided they're decent), I always have. I like rewatching stuff that's really good.

Heh; sex is pretty cool too.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:02 PM

write on my blog
cook
hunt down awesome sci-fi (usually space) movies that I haven't seen before
sex
try to find my physical problem and get better

Back before I started having chronic pain and some weird not-yet-diagnosed health problem, I used to do a lot of physical things. I swam, and did ugly mudders and climbing. Now going to doctors and trying different types of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and kinetics is practically a hobby. Hopefully someday I'll get back to the sports.

Lora, Jon, & Liz moved in together May 2014.

Early July 2015, Jon broke up with Lora, because of her abusive and controlling behavior. Lora has a sublet for the month of July, while she figures out what she's going to do. Liz & Jon are waiting for her to figure that out, so that all Lora's things can be removed from the apartment.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:21 PM

I guess travel would be my #1 hobby. I love adventure and seeing new places or experiencing new things. Road trips are the best!!

Writing is my passion. I love to read as well, but don't find as much time for it as I should.

The internet is definitely a hobby for me. I spend quite a bit of time enjoying it. I love research, socializing and exploring.

My kitchen is one of my favorite hobbies. I love cooking, planning, organizing, cleaning and just generally being in the kitchen.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:50 PM

I love to cook, especially homey, peasanty, Mediterranean-style foods. I also love eating out. Just food in general.

I love travel. Fly and I did a lot of international travel, and I absolutely would move to southern France, Barcelona, or Argentina in a heartbeat. Moonlight and I do more domestic travel, local weekend road trips or Hawaii.

I read constantly, and I'll read almost anything. I enjoy movies, but don't watch them much. The only TV I'm into is Jeopardy, Grey's Anatomy, and football.

I really enjoy gardening, and am very into urban homesteading. This was easier when I lived with Fly, who has a house with a big, southern-exposed backyard (and a chicken coop!). I was over there to pick up kiddo the other day, and the columnar apple trees I planted two years ago have blossoms for the first time. It made me sad to leave all that behind. My apartment now has very little space and very little sun, but I still have a bunch of herbs, a little dwarf raspberry, and a potted olive tree.

I like going to performances, like ballet or theatrical productions. I have a special place in my heart for musicals.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo
Old 05-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Some people would say writing (I write romance books under one pen name, and teen fiction under another) is my hobby, but I don't consider it such. Six or so years ago, it was. I wrote just for fun, and pretty much no one read my stuff. But now I'm multi-published, and writing is my only source of income, so it's a career, no longer a hobby.

Last fall, I realized that since writing made that transition in my life, I didn't *have* a hobby, though a friend of mine who's also polyamorous said that in her opinion, juggling my kids, my household, and my relationships with Hubby and S2 was enough of a hobby... I talked to S2 about feeling like I needed something to do to take my focus off writing and give me a mental break.

He handed me his spare bass guitar (because who doesn't have more than one of those lying around) and said, "Here, learn how to play this."

Six months later, I'm competent with playing bass on a few classic rock songs, have composed three songs of my own plus the bass line for one or two of S2's original songs, and we're working on a set list that we plan to perform live--with additional musicians--starting about a year from now.

So I guess music is my hobby...
My daughters: Alt (age 20) and Country (age 16)
S2's sons: Spikes (age 9) and Beads (age 6)
Guy: ex-boyfriend, now confidant
Old 05-05-2015, 10:32 PM

Music
Playing things with strings (guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo)
Cooking
Football (soccer)
Ballroom and Latin Dancing
Gardening and
Growing vegetables

Oh and sex :-)

Happily living in an Open V.

Dramatis Personae

Me, M, 54 and married to Angel my girlfriend since school
Angel, F, 53, my wife and BFF
Wolf, 55, Angel's lover and my very good friend.