Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myelsewhere View Post
my DH & I have a 3-year-old son, he (DH, not son) is working on his Master's
Now wouldn't that be something!

Quote:
DH runs in to the typical problem of women who are willing to be with him if he's cheating but not if he's in an open relationship.
Are they willing to be with him romantically or just sexually? Perhaps they're also cheating, and they find it less likely that he'll tell their husbands if he's afraid they'll tell his wife, or that he'll fall madly in love with them and want them to leave their husband-security-blankets?

"Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them."
Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Jaarsma Bakery.
Yes! We are (hopefully) going to DM next weekend & I am trying to convince DH for a Pella detour. I can never seem to convince myself to order online... the quantity I'd have to get to justify it (in my mind) would be immense, and then I'd have to eat them all while they were still fresh so they tasted as good as getting them there, and then I'd be miserable.

Quote:
Not that I've managed to find. There was a meetup group here in KC that went on hiatus right before I found it--and is apparently still on hiatus now over a year later. I know poly folk both here and in Lawrence, just don't know of any groups.
Let me know if anything ever comes to fruition. I'm on a Yahoo group for some SWMO polys, but I haven't posted much or met up with them yet. Somehow I relate more to KC/Lawrence people than Springfield.

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome. And I'm going to start a separate thread, as suggested, about the cheating/poly topic if anyone is interested...

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Ana´s Nin
Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Yes! We are (hopefully) going to DM next weekend & I am trying to convince DH for a Pella detour. I can never seem to convince myself to order online... the quantity I'd have to get to justify it (in my mind) would be immense, and then I'd have to eat them all while they were still fresh so they tasted as good as getting them there, and then I'd be miserable.
Remember that Van Veen's chocolate shop is just down the street to the east. That adds a bit more appeal to the drive to Pella. I also love Pella bologna, so if you're a fan of that, you then have *three* reasons to visit.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Remember that Van Veen's chocolate shop is just down the street to the east. That adds a bit more appeal to the drive to Pella. I also love Pella bologna, so if you're a fan of that, you then have *three* reasons to visit.
I'm salivating now.

I don't know if I've tried Pella bologna, so I'll add that to the list. There was a great little butcher shop (forgot the name) where we got some amazing hot sausage links last time, though. Maybe it's the same. Any family-type restaurant recommendations?

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Ana´s Nin
Old 08-11-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I'm salivating now.

I don't know if I've tried Pella bologna, so I'll add that to the list. There was a great little butcher shop (forgot the name) where we got some amazing hot sausage links last time, though. Maybe it's the same. Any family-type restaurant recommendations?
Intveldt's is likely the butcher shop. It's on the east side of the square. It's one of two local places that produce the Pella Bologna.

Jaarsma's is on the south side of the square, Intveldt's on the east. Van Veen's is on the block just east of the square (same street Jaarsma's is on, though I can't recall the street name).

I've not eaten in Pella in several years, so I'm not certain what restaurants are still open.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.

Tags
bisexual, girlfriend, husband, new to poly, triad