Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Site Usage > User Guidelines & Forum Features

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 PM

I haven't found one on this site that I found offensive yet. When and if I do, I'll probably just look and laugh slightly.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:08 PM

It's mainly a question of personal standards, IMO.

I've seen a few avatars here on this site that have made my eyebrows fly straight up off the top of my head and stick to the ceiling.

Fortunately, while I was looking for a broom to knock them down with, I ran across my fan and smelling salts . . .

After all, what's it to me if someone wants to put his/her/their bits on display?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Here's the pertinent material from the guidelines:

"We expect the images to be R-rated or milder, meaning no explicit genitalia pix or overt sexual behavior depicted. We also expect the images to be respectful of others, meaning no bigoted or derogatory slogans or portrayals."

Explicit genitalia pix are right out, so please flag them. The term "explicit" covers shots that focus solely on the genitalia or emphasize the genitalia, among other things. Simply seeing bits as part of a larger picture isn't necessarily going to violate the standard. Any sexual activity is also in violation, such as masturbatory touching in the image.

While this is an adult site, it is not a meat market nor a sex site nor should it ever appear to be.

Now, I've not been paying attention to avatars and certainly not scrutinizing those of newcomers as they join. Is this something I need to begin paying attention to? Are enough avatars not following the guidelines appearing that I need to begin actively looking for violations?

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Athena, you are well-named. :-)

My favorite avatar here is also one of the sexiest. But then, I am a thoroughly sex-positive slut.

Immaterial
Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Hi,

I don't know how others feel about this, and I am aware this is an adult site, however, find it very distasteful to see people post avatars of themselves in what it would be understated and polite to call a "boudoire shot".
I agree, it looks desperate.