Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestManAlive View Post
I raace my car, occasionally drag racing or open track days or time trials but I freakin' LIVE for autocross (SCCA Solo), it's a neverending challenge and impossible pursuit of perfection thing I guess, lol. Add to that pretty much anything car related, shows, wrenching, custom audio. Been a 'car guy' since I was 4 years old, lol.
Yeah, I love the cars also....Raced our 67 mustang for a decent number of years. Both on the street, and at the track. Only did 1/4 mile though. Never had it set up for SCCA stuff....I'm not that skilled. LOL Still have the car, but haven't been top a track in about 6 years or so. And now, the car's motor is just a stock one for my daughter to drive around in.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM

I love lying down in the hammock, reading a book. My cats come outside with me, and one of them always figures me in the hammock means it's time for her to get attention. Sometimes she'll sit in my lap while I swing.

I watch too much TV.

I like to cycle and walk.

Gardening!! And container gardening inside. I'm planning to grow indoor cukes this winter... There's nothing like picking a fresh cucumber when it's -40 out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtickitten View Post
To watch:
Big Bang Theory
DeGrassi (curse you, teen drama...you're my shame)
Love & Love!! I've been a degrassi fan since back in the day. I followed Spike, Joey, Kaitlyn, and the gang through their childhoods right up until graduation! "Everybody wants something, they'll take your monay, and never give up!"

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 07-30-2010, 10:14 PM

I don't watch much TV, I prefer the peace & quiet when it isn't on.

I LOVE to read.
My online time counts as fun thing to do.
Cooking when Breathes will let me (He's a trained chef so getting him OUT of the kitchen is not an easy thing to do)
M/s

Oh I'm also lusting after Diablo 3! Breathes just showed me the promo on the Blizzard site & OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want, want, want, want!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post

Love & Love!! I've been a degrassi fan since back in the day. I followed Spike, Joey, Kaitlyn, and the gang through their childhoods right up until graduation! "Everybody wants something, they'll take your monay, and never give up!"
YAY! Another Degrassi fan! I've been watching the various incarnations of the series for ages - the new one on Teen Nick is sucking me in with the drama just like all the rest.

Now I don't feel so silly. Solidarity!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:23 PM

TV:

a few shows here and there - most notably Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice. LOVE 2 1/2 Men and Big Bang Theory.

Other:

hiking, sex, working out, sex, crafts, sex, computer time, sex, bdsm play, sex, fishing, sex, camping, sex, music (playing and listening to) and did I mention sex?

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 08-02-2010, 08:45 AM

DEGRASSI!!!!!

Curse Comcast TeenNick isn't in our package.

I like tv. I like to knit. Music.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Ok, lets be more specific then....What do you like to do on a date?

Please leave out anything to do with a bar or massivly expensive things.

We already discussed a ropes course, but D and S have already been on it, and D said "NO WAY! Never again!" I tried to bribe her, and I tried reasoning with her, but the answer was the same. I even went as far as trying to bargain with her.....I told her I would ride this roller coaster that scares the HELL out of me, yet she loves it.....and then in turn, she would do the ropes course. She said no way was she going to bargain 2 minutes of fear for 3 hours of fear. LOL

So....What kinds of things do you like to do on a date?
Old 08-02-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post

So....What kinds of things do you like to do on a date?
Hiking - depending on the girl it could be a leisurely walk or a rigorous hike
As an amateur chef (I love cookign to relax) I love spending time on a date with a bottle of wine. Cooking, tasting ...
Picnic (can be expensive though depending on food preference)

Since you didn't say what you consider reasonable, I will continue)

Being in a resort we have a boat load of "small food" restaurants. So I may also take a girl out for tappas. This can be kept under budget and tappas restaurant are privately social
movies - now some people don't like thse for dates, I love them. It creates conversation, allows intimacy in public (really handy in poly) and I like movies.
Other things like art galleries or maybe a high school play. HArd to do living where i live, but I have done it in the past.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:35 PM

Ariakas, I've never heard of "tappas" until now. They sound absolutely PERFECT! Do you have a website for one of these places? This way, if some place local, has something similar yet calls it something different, I'll know what to look for. LOL

Our budget is around $50 US.

Dang...This one sounds AWESOME! http://www.detectivedinner.com/Detec...r_Theater.html

Last edited by TL4everu2; 08-02-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:41 PM

I actually spelled it wrong...it's tapas. It is really just spanish for appetizer meals/finger food. Very popular in ski resorts as it provides a good meal without making you stuffed...also damn fun for a date

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas

HEre is a review of some in my sort of home town. Gives 3 or 4 tapas style restaurants

http://www.blogto.com/toronto/the_be...as_in_toronto/