Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM

Default findingfooting

Hey,

Iíve recently entered a poly relationship (well it has been about six months now) the set up is very different to any previous expectations of relationships and definitely my last relationship. I admire the different poly lifestyle choices when I see how well some people deal with it and how happy they are. Iíd still consider myself monogamous, although my partner (who does have another partner himself), has suggested I look for someone else, but so far the idea doesnít appeal to me.

Have so far been finding the forum really interesting and insightful.

FredBurkle x
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 PM

Hello & welcome.

Your partner having another partner while you don't is really ok. It's not a competition.

As long as YOU are happy and your partner is happy (& by extension his other partner(s)) all is well.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 PM

Fred,
I felt the same way when my husband started to see other people. I can honestly say that the idea did not appeal to me to find someone else either. I am so sorry that it didn't. For me having someone else to support me through the times that my husband was with his girlfriends would have been a tremendous benefit. I am working to be less dependent on him and share love with others to help myself. It does not change my love for my husband in any way. We have been through some amazingly difficult times. No one said that sharing is easy. I wish you the best of luck.