Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 09:20 PM

Default Happy

Hi, I'm Megan and I suppose I am new to poly stuff. I've been in a relationship with a man for five months. He has a very lovely wife and we get along fine.

I was really happy and excited when I found out that this was an option. Ever since I was a kid whenever I played house I had more than one wife or husband. When I got to be a teenager I would date people quickly at once or at the same time, but I was told, by people who were not in the relationships, I was acting slutty or that I didn't really care for the people I was with.

So when I found out that there were like-minded people, who really and truly believe, scratch that, KNOW that you can love more than one person I was filled with joy.

I finally found a culture that I feel like I belong. I have found a place where I fit in and I have never been happier.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:58 PM

Welcome Megan!!!! I'm glad you found what works for you and it seems that it is working well for you!!!!

Best wishes,

Christie
Old 07-24-2010, 05:35 PM

Welcome aboard.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:44 PM

Yay :0) that's awsome! Its wierd how relitively few of us their are but horray for them! hope it all goes brilliantly!